Peppermint

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “In the Vancouver airport, headed to the island with the bfs for a wedding on his side! So I grabbed a cup of this, my go-to, to-go (haha) tea. I mean, it's pretty hard to mess up peppermint lol....” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 917 tasting notes
  • “So this was my first tea as a married woman - we have been so busy with wedding preparation, setup, enjoyment, take down and aftermath that this may be the only tea I have had in a week. I love...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 694 tasting notes
  • “Hmm, Didn't win anything at Timmy's this evening but this herbal wasn't bad at all. I couldn't help but think of my Cocomint, from David's Tea, the whole time I was sipping away at this. It's a...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 496 tasting notes
  • “I had this the other day when I was staying overnight on campus. You get a free pastry and drink for breakfast at TH so I opted for this. Peppermint is pretty much peppermint. Sure, it doesn't have...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 767 tasting notes

From Tim Hortons

Our soothing, refreshing and delicious herbal teas are made from various selections of the finest herbs, flowers and spices. Enjoy the cool and refreshing flavour of mint in Tim Hortons Peppermint Tea – natural and caffeine free. Available in boxes of 20 sachets.

About Tim Hortons View company

In the Vancouver airport, headed to the island with the bfs for a wedding on his side! So I grabbed a cup of this, my go-to, to-go (haha) tea. I mean, it’s pretty hard to mess up peppermint lol. Tasty and refreshing and nice on my tummy after my greasy yet amazing bagel BELT. Lol, any good tea recommendations in Vancouver or on the island?

Where on the island will you be? Silk Road tea and Murchie’s are out there

OMGsrsly

Silk Road and Murchies on the Island. Urban Tea Merchant ($$$), Granville Island Tea, Teaz/Herbal Republic, umm… http://goo.gl/maps/gXsKK Here. This is probably easier.

OMGsrsly

Any specific Q’s about Vancouver, send me a message. :) If you only have a day, I’d say stay in Kits/Downtown. Bayswater, O5, the others I’ve listed. Soirette Macaron House for a treat (haven’t been, but it looks cute!), etc.

MissLena

Thanks for the suggestions! I want to come back for a tea trip lol unfortunately I didn’t get much time to tea shop and I’ve mostly only been in nanaimo and North, but I did get two homemade tea mugs, so beautiful, i’ll have to put pictures up, hopefully they make it home safe in my bags!

So this was my first tea as a married woman – we have been so busy with wedding preparation, setup, enjoyment, take down and aftermath that this may be the only tea I have had in a week. I love mint so it really hit the spot, and it was thoughtful that my mother-in-law made it for me. We have been together for nine years so nothing really changed but it was amazing to get together with our best friends and family to celebrate. It was a true Nova Scotia kitchen party – we are thinking of having a celebration every year in the same style. Happy tea!

Nicole

Congrats!!

Cavocorax

:) Congrats!

CHAroma

Oooh, congratulations!! Welcome to the newly married woman club! ;)

Hmm, Didn’t win anything at Timmy’s this evening but this herbal wasn’t bad at all.

I couldn’t help but think of my Cocomint, from David’s Tea, the whole time I was sipping away at this. It’s a mild breath of fresh air so it passes as a minty thing. This was a little creamy too, like it had a touch of vanilla. Maybe a little candied.

I had this the other day when I was staying overnight on campus. You get a free pastry and drink for breakfast at TH so I opted for this. Peppermint is pretty much peppermint. Sure, it doesn’t have the POW that some peppermint has but nevertheless, it’s a decent herbal. It’s a hard flavour to screw up so it’s a good choice if you’re unsure of their other flavours.

1935 tasting notes

I slept in today, and because of that I didn’t actually have time to make myself a tea for work – which was crushing. This is the first time since starting that I haven’t brought tea with me to work, and I felt really empty handed all morning.

However, because my coworker Briana is really sweet she stopped at Tim Hortons on her way back from break and brought me back a cup of peppermint tea (without my even asking, which was so thoughtful). We’d been talking about tea a few shifts ago and I mentioned that I love mint teas – especially ones that are super strong or overleafed, and I guess she was actually paying attention to the conversation because not only did she pick the right tea (meaning, what I would have asked for if she’d told me she was gonna get me tea), but she also got an extra teabag for me so I could steep it extra strong!

Honestly, it wasn’t the most amazing peppermint tea I’ve ever had. Not by a long shot – but it wasn’t too bad either considering it’s bagged tea from, basically, a ‘fast food’ brand name. It was pretty minty – and with the extra bag I was able to make it really strong and powerful smelling. However, what I disliked what that in the end of the sip there was this odd taste like dirt. It was only really brief and vanished into the minty fresh aftertaste almost right away, but that split second dirt taste was present in every sip. It was sort of distracting, really.

Anyway, a huge thank you to Briana for saving me at work today (super unexpectedly too) since I didn’t have tea of my own like normal.

ashmanra

How does this compare to Harney’s Vanilla Comoro? I will actually be near Tin Roof on Thursday and I am out of my Harney which I buy by the pound.

ashmanra

Sorry, Steepster glitched and threw me back a full page!

When I was in high school, I actually worked at Tim Hortons for almost a year. I wasn’t a tea- or coffee-drinker at the time, but I would make an extra-large hot chocolate almost every shift. Two squirts of cream and a peppermint tea bag before pouring the hot chocolate made a divine drink.

To me, Tim’s peppermint will always be the addition to a rich cup of hot chocolate. On its own, as I had it today, it’s just underwhelming. Not quite enough of anything to be satisfying, but good in a pinch to deal with headache or tummy troubles.

I’m a very picky mint person. 1. I rarely like to use it and 2. if its at all bitter I will hate it.

This tea is one of those, DO NOT STEEP TO LONG teas. I found after 4 mins it was bitter and nothing would change that. Not a huge fan.

I wouldn’t mind trying it at a lower steep time to see if I liked it a little better in the future.

Once again, I work at Tims, so I had the opportunity to try this tea.
Not being a fan of the other ones, I remembered this one from when I was a kid.
It was good. Or atleast in my memories.

Taste – Mild-moderate peppermint, depends on how you steep
however it tastes good, and you get what you want out of it, peppermint.

There is no way you can really hate this tea, it is what it is, and the quality seems okay.

Backlogging from earlier this weekend…

So a road trip isn’t a road trip (at least in Canada) without Timmy’s. But what to do when your tummy is a little unsettled and you don’t feel up for crazy-caffeinated coffee or even their usually decent bagged chai tea? Pepermint tea!

Now I have to say, this was an experiment for me. I’ve had a couple bad experiences with peppermint tea in the past causing tummy-upset but I know that it’s actually supposed to be good for your stomach so I decided to give it another go.

This is the second time recently that I’ve given a “don’t like it” tea another try, and as with Earl Gray I think I’m going to have to take peppermint tea off the banned list. This cup was tasty, soothing, and being trapped in a car for hours I liked that I didn’t have to worry about over-steeping it or caffeine content. I got a little bit of cream added to mine and I think the peppermint flavour (which I found just a little bit weak) may have come out stronger had I gone without. I liked the peppermint notes in this tea more then previous peppermints though as it seemed sweeter and rounder (more like a peppermint candy) rather then a very sharp, “natural” peppermint flavour.

Boiling 8 min or more

Yummy! I’m back logging this but I really liked it. Of course…I LOVE MINT!!!!