Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by Daniel Scott

• “Paired with a sun dried tomatoe/cream cheese bagel, this would have been an awesome combination! but the girl must have put Splenda in the cup because it tasted really off. I remember seeing her...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1329 tasting notes
  • “This was my morning cuppa this morning since I didn't have time to brew one myself. It was this or an iced capp and I wanted less sugar and more . . soothing. For me Tim's tea reminds me of Red...” Read full tasting note
    lauriegilbert 442 tasting notes
  • “We were starving at our movie today (The Help), so we stopped at the Timmy's in the theater. Because it's Canada...Tims are EVERYWHERE. Anyway, not my favorite tea, but it did hit the spot. Yum.” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1305 tasting notes
  • “I have not drank much tea the last week or so... I'm cutting down on my caffeine... And it's been hard... but today I needed something. I am just so tired and I feel so drained. So, half a cup of...” Read full tasting note
    TheKesser 331 tasting notes

From Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons gourmet teas offer the discerning tea drinker the chance to experience a variety of high quality specialty teas.

About Tim Hortons View company

Paired with a sun dried tomatoe/cream cheese bagel, this would have been an awesome combination! but the girl must have put Splenda in the cup because it tasted really off. I remember seeing her reach for a package, and thinking that better not be for me! well it was *sighs
I guess she heard me wrong. Too bad, it’s been awhile since I looked forward to the simplicity of a Tims tea!

Cattibrie

I would have asked if she put anything in it. But I am also the person that has made them remake my tea more than once since I am paying good money for hot water (don’t get me started on paying that much more for a bigger cup and hot water when I am only getting one tea bag. ARGH) and a tea bag. If I want regular with milk then that’s what I expect to get. I don’t see how they can screw it up but 9 times out of 10 they do.

As an aside how was the bagel?

Indigobloom

It’s true. They have an odd system for trying to move the line faster, calling out to find out people’s orders before they reach the front of the line… but that means people are often yelling. The girl asking for orders had a very controversial attitude as well, makes me wonder if she was messed up intentionally because I refused to scream to be heard and waited til I was at the front.
and I so agree about the price difference! I remember a day when they were all the same price. I think it was a dollar back then!
The bagel was amazing. Not sure about the cheese that was caked on but the sundried part kinda made me drool :)

This was my morning cuppa this morning since I didn’t have time to brew one myself. It was this or an iced capp and I wanted less sugar and more . . soothing. For me Tim’s tea reminds me of Red Rose, nothing extraordinary but at the same time not a bad cup. It does when on the road or in a rush.

(Standard order is medium tea, milk, sugar, double cup, bag in.)

Boiling 8 min or more

We were starving at our movie today (The Help), so we stopped at the Timmy’s in the theater. Because it’s Canada…Tims are EVERYWHERE. Anyway, not my favorite tea, but it did hit the spot. Yum.

The Purrfect Cup

Did you read the book? If so how did the film match up? As to the tea no one I know has ever enjoyed tea from them.

The Purrfect Cup

I should clarify…no one I know on Steepster has ever enjoyed Tim Horton’s tea. :)

aisling of tea

I was about halfway through the book when we saw the movie. Apparently a few things were different (according to my super picky sister in law and mother in law), but overall, it was a good match.

MaddHatter

Wifey you are quite right! A friend took me to Tim’s and I ordered orange pekoe and because I had heard the reviews from friends: “Not to be snobby, but if you have had good loose leaf tea, Tim’s is the sludge at the bottom of the basket.” (Wow, kiddo, a little harsh?)

It wasn’t great tea and I over steeped mine, but as you said aisling, it was good enough at that moment.

I have not drank much tea the last week or so… I’m cutting down on my caffeine… And it’s been hard… but today I needed something. I am just so tired and I feel so drained. So, half a cup of this one for me!
It’s not that great… I wish I had had a good tea today to make it more worth while, but I’m getting a tiny bit of energy so, whatever. Anyway, this is my in a pinch tea. And it’s fine, but not a favourite.

gmathis

Sometimes “that’ll do” just has to work :)

After my last tea, I wanted something much more tea-y. So, orange pekoe it is.
I’m thinking it would be better with milk and honey, but it’s not bad as-is, too. I think it would pair really well with something fruity.

My early morning git-up-n-go juice. Hit the drive-thru and get an XL with 2 milk and 2 sugar and I am good. Nothing outstanding, but definitely good. I tend to drink it with the bag in…taking the bag out while driving can be a dangerous thing to do!

Boiling 8 min or more

Timmy’s tea… as addictive as their coffee! Drinking a large, 1 milk, 1 sugar.