Tung Ting Oolong No. 628

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra
Boiling

• “My daughters were very insistent that we must have tea time today, and before my middle daughter had to leave to take her grandmother to an appointment. I went to a neighbor's house for a few...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “This tea smells soooo good. I just want to stick my face in it. *Tea:* 5 grams *Water:* 150 ml/5 oz each steep (green gaiwan) *Additive:* none Rinse 1: 25 seconds - light, lightly vegetal,...” Read full tasting note
    kiaharii 246 tasting notes

From Tin Roof Teas

In its surroundings excellent green Oolong varieties are produced using ancient Taiwanese methods. 1 heaping tsp./ 198F. Brew 2-3 minutes.

About Tin Roof Teas View company

My daughters were very insistent that we must have tea time today, and before my middle daughter had to leave to take her grandmother to an appointment. I went to a neighbor’s house for a few minutes and came home to discover cute little vanilla cupcakes with sprinkles – mine had a candle in it because today is my birthday – and this lovely oolong.

I made it gong fu style before. This time it was steeped western style. It didn’t lose a THING! Oh my! Floral and wonderful! My daughter was amazed at how large the leaves got when she made it – she drinks black tea only. The liquor is a soft yellow and looks positively elegant in my Old Country Roses teacup, and the floral headiness of the tea was beautiful against the sweet vanilla cupcake. The flavor fills your mouth and dances on your tongue. Oh my cow, this is a lovely pot of tea. Or it was. I just polished off the whole thing by myself!

I can’t wait to try more teas from Tin Roof Tea!

DaisyChubb

Happy Birthday! What a lovely surprise :D

JacquelineM

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Invader Zim

Happy Birthday!

Bonnie

God Grant You Many Years!

ScottTeaMan

Happy Birthday! :))

K S

cupcakes and tea. Now that’s a birthday! Happy rest of the day.

Dinosara

Happy Birthday ashmanra!

ashmanra

Thank you, everyone! I get lots of celebrating. Tea with the girls, a phone call from daughter in N. Ireland, and my son is coming to spend the weekend to celebrate some more and watch Rifftrax with me! :)

SimplyJenW

Happy Birthday! And Happy Pi Day!

Cheryl

Happy Birthday!!!!

Indigobloom

Happy burfday!!! :P

This tea smells soooo good. I just want to stick my face in it.

Tea: 5 grams
Water: 150 ml/5 oz each steep (green gaiwan)
Additive: none

Rinse
1: 25 seconds – light, lightly vegetal, more flowery towards the end of the cup
2: 35 seconds – quite vegetal, grassy even, floral tones as it lingers in the mouth, maybe a bit buttery, lightly bitter
3: 45 seconds – similar to the second steep, as the cup cooled it became more enjoyable
4: 55 seconds – same as third steeping still very strong
5: 65 seconds – floral notes, still strong flavor
6: 75 seconds – tasty
7: 160 seconds (oops) – delicious

While I enjoyed this, I think I like oolongs that lean more towards the darker oolongs. I like the base used for some of the flavored oolongs I have which has darker brown leaves and maybe look like some kind of Oriental Beauty type, more woody.

I wrote that previous bit earlier in the session, I like this more and more as I drank. I think I like the longer steep times, they taste less vegetal. I will have to try this again! I’m not the best at gong fu style brewing, but I’m getting better. If anyone has any steep time recommendations that’d be great.

Boiling