Fig Formosa No. 2245

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

• “Writers' Group night at my house should mean lots of sip downs. It should be a warning sign to me that with as much tea as we drink at group every two weeks and at tea party every Wednesday I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1796 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *ashmanra* for sending some of this tea my way. This tea is uncannily similar to the Fig Formosa from Teas Etc, from the name, to the appearance and aroma, right down to the color of...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4303 tasting notes

From Tin Roof Teas

High quality Taiwanese Oolong is the perfect base for the rich taste of Smyrna fig. Taiwanese Oolong tea, cornflower blossoms, poppy flowers and natural flavor. 2 heaping tsps. Water temp. 90C/194F. Brew 3-4 min.

About Tin Roof Teas View company

Writers’ Group night at my house should mean lots of sip downs. It should be a warning sign to me that with as much tea as we drink at group every two weeks and at tea party every Wednesday I still have too much tea!

Tonight we drank three large tetsubins of this. Everyone loved it. One guest remarked that he liked it because it didn’t dry his throat. I was making 18 ounces, resteeping, and pouring it all into the pot so each pot was a mix of two steeps. I still smell grape candy instead of fig, but it didn’t seem to matter. They loved it, and that was my goal.

Personally, I think it tastes really nice, but I really don’t taste tea. If you are a tea purist looking for a nice oolong with its characteristic flavor, this isn’t for you. If you like a flavored tea, this one is pretty darned good, and it is one of the most beautiful to look at, dry leaves and liquor. It looks almost purple in the cup as the cornflowers and poppies donate all their color!

JustJames

i go both ways: pure and impure, lol. depends on my mood. i love fig…. maybe this should be on my shopping list.

Thank you ashmanra for sending some of this tea my way.

This tea is uncannily similar to the Fig Formosa from Teas Etc, from the name, to the appearance and aroma, right down to the color of the liquid. It’s been a while since I had the Fig Formosa from Teas Etc, so I can’t tell you without a doubt that they are the same tea … but, I suspect that they are.

Anyway, if this is the same tea, I’m happy to be drinking it again… and if it isn’t, well, that’s OK too. I’ll just talk about what I’m experiencing now and not try to hone in on my memories of the previous tasting.

Delicious fig flavor. I love fig, and this so reminds me of the flavor of the figs that I used to pick from the fig orchard belonging to the farm where I lived for a short while. One of my favorite things to do is walk through the orchard and pick the figs and eat them while they were still warm from the sun. Sweet and juicy and yummy!

This tea has a strong, delicious fig flavor. Very true to the fruit.