Traditional Ti Kuan Yin No. 2244

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kiaharii

• “I got the nicest surprise today! Another amazing card handmade by GMathis! So cute, and she knows I am nerdy enough to LOVE the Soft Kitty song and that is on the front of the card. I actually...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1845 tasting notes

From Tin Roof Teas

We call it Traditional Ti Kuan Yin because of the longer oxidation which was traditionally the way the tea was created in China.

Preparation:  3 grams (1 heaping teaspoon) per 8 oz. cup of filtered, water temp. 90C/194F.  Allow to brew 3-4 minutes.

About Tin Roof Teas View company

I got the nicest surprise today! Another amazing card handmade by GMathis! So cute, and she knows I am nerdy enough to LOVE the Soft Kitty song and that is on the front of the card. I actually sing it to Sam, except we say “Soft puppy, warm puppy, little ball of fur, happy puppy, sleepy puppy, grr, grr, grr!” Thank you! It was a good mail day! (Have you looked at that book yet?)

Well, tonight was writers’ group night at my house and of course I had to serve some tea. I made my big tetsubin full of this tea and put it on a warmer. There were only three of us drinking tea, but it was very enjoyable. Every time I drink a good Ti Kuan Yin, I crave it for days afterward. This is a great, smooth tea, and I think it is excellent for introducing people to the world of unsweetened fine loose leaf. The flavor differs so much from our Southern iced tea that is super sweet, that it doesn’t make them crave all that sugar!

Rebecca Lynn

Hahaha, I love the soft kitty song! Sometimes I uh…sing it to my bearded dragon.

gmathis

:) I only made a couple of those because of the limited number of friends I knew would get it. And you wonder why I hang out here?!?

ashmanra

Rebecca Lynn: First of all, I would really love to see a video of you singing the Soft Kitty song to your bearded dragon. Secondly, I have been trying to figure out what the lyrics could possibly be since last night and I am still coming up blank! “Soft lizard, cold lizard, little bearded friend. Happy lizard, sleepy lizard…” What comes next?

gmathis

Soft lizard, cold lizard, love your pretty scales…happy lizard, sleepy lizard, watch him wave his tail?

Rebecca Lynn

Um, I love you guys, haha. I just started laughing in my room. When I go back home I’ll make a video, haha. I just kind of make up different lyrics every time that aren’t nearly as good as the ones you guys came up with! I’ll try and figure out a way to end your version, ashmanra! In the meantime, gmathis…that is my new facebook status.

Invader Zim

lol you guys are awesome! It helps that I love soft kitty!

gmathis

Pleased to make a contribution!