Organic Mango Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Green, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Touch Organic

The refreshing taste of mango fruit is combined with certified organic green tea to produce a revitalizing cup of tea that is high in antioxidants and bursting with flavour. From our proud farms to your cup – enjoy!

Organic Ingredients:
Green tea, natural mango

About Touch Organic View company

My mom and I were shopping today and leave it to us to find tea in a place I didn’t expect to. We found cubes of this in a TJ MAX store for $5.99 for 100 bags. What the heck we both bought a cube of it. Neither of us is disappointed, for a teabag this is not bad. Light green tea with a nice mango flavor! On a side note, also found some organic agave nectar for a great price too! It was a GREAT shopping day! :)

Kristen

I am on a “mango” kick… the local pizza shop has mango vinegarette and I have been ordering grilled chicken salads from them daily and getting the mango dressing! Yummy!

Dan

I buy a lot of my tea at T.J.Maxx, its always on the cheap…

This tea wasn’t anything special hot so I gave it a shot iced. Unfortunately the same steeping time/temp was too much for it and the result was too strong and ‘green’ tasting without much mango flavour. I’ll give it a do over and dial things down to see if that improves matters.

Iced 2 min, 30 sec

My mother in law got a gift set of these teas as a Christmas gift from one of her students, a tin of Mango, a tin of Green and a tin of Oolong. Now, my mother in law is a hardcore tea drinker, but in the extremely weak Red Rose kind of way. It was a thoughtful gift, but the only time she doesn’t drink Red Rose is when she’s drinking honey and lemon for a sore throat.

Anyway, when she offered the set to me, I jumped on it. If I don’t like the oolong, I can use it for kombucha, the green with disappear at De’s work, and I hoped the mango would be good enough for coldbrewing.

I am happily surprised! I cold brewed two bags in 24 ounces of water overnight and the result is a fruity drink that doesn’t overshadow the green tea, but instead the mango and the green tea seem to take turns on the sip. The front is all MANGO, but by the time the sip is gone, the green tea lingers in a very good way. It will be no hardship to finish off the 30 bag tin. I wouldn’t pick it up again, just because it is bagged and I try not to buy bagged if I can avoid it.

50th tasting note! Woot, woot! A mild green tea with a very light hint of mango. Pretty good as far as flavoured green tea goes. A reliable tea. Doesn’t turn bitter if left to steep for too long which I like since I drink all my tea with the bag in.

Flavors: Green, Mango

Mild, and smells a lot more like mango than it tastes. Nice and delicate.

Flavors: Mango

Saw a box of 100 of this and the organic White tea bags at Winner’s; bought 1 of each. Figured: how bad can it be?

Well, it could have been terrible. Thankfully, I don’t have 100 bags of terrible mango green tea to drink. Thankfully.

The smell is much more mango-y than the taste. That shouldn’t be all that surprising; we are talking about bagged green tea after all. I do wish more of the flavour had come through. That being said, it was a fruity green tea. No bitterness, not very grassy. Overall, pretty good. I don’t know if I would buy another box of 100 if given the opportunity (I rarely drink tea fast enough to be able to buy the same thing at Winner’s twice), but it’s not terrible. A good tea for meetings and conferences when loose leaf isn’t practical.

Verdict: probably wouldn’t re-buy, only because it’s Winner’s and when was the last time you saw the same thing in that store 6 months apart?!