Organic Oolong

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea
Earth, Honey, Rice, Wood, Oak wood, Pine, Roasted, Autumn Leaf Pile, Malt, Roasted Barley, Tannin
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Callipygian

From Touch Organic

Product description not available yet.

About Touch Organic View company

I don’t have a huge amount of experience with oolong, and I recall having encountered some in the past which did not agree with me. Out of curiosity, I decided to gamble on the Touch Organic Oolong at TJMAXX because I was pleasantly surprised by their generic China green filter bags.

This light golden brown brew smells remarkably like genmaicha to me. There is a seriously cereal-esque flavor here—popped brown rice, to be more precise! The brew wafts vaguely also of barley tea, which I never really understood and have never been able to drink. But this taste is a lot closer to genmaicha than to barley. Does it taste like oolong? That is the question.

I finished the cup, so clearly this is potable. I’ll probably drink this now and then—whenever I am craving genmaicha but have none on hand. Perhaps I’ll use some of these highly economic bags (five cents each) to take an oolong bath…

update: okay, now I’m getting the weird headache-y feeling which I recall having experienced in the past with some oolong and jasmine teas. Having second thoughts. Not quite to the point of gag reflex, but something has gone wrong here… Probably won’t drink this tea after all.

Is it possible to be allergic to some treatments of oolong????

How are you with black or green tea?

I did have a pomegranate oolong tea that did that to me, but very inconsistently — I drank all of it and was fine most of the time, but a handful of times it gave me a vague headache, very weird.

Starfevre: I love black tea and green tea, and I never, ever feel nauseous from either one of them! There is something in jasmine and oolong which appears to be incompatible with me, alas. It’s a strange sensation. I should say that I sometimes feel that way with very light-roasted coffees as well. I only like dark roast, preferably super-dark roasted. So maybe it has something to do with being neither fully cooked (black) nor quite raw (green)? I don’t know. It’s too bad, though…

Yeah, that is too bad. Only suggestion I have is to try a quality oolong, maybe an organic one and see if it still does the same. Honeybush gives me a headache so I understand your frustration in taking out an entire type of tea from your life.

A surprisingly good oolong considering its a bagged tea. Very smooth with a lingering sweetness reminiscent of honey. Tastes great hot and iced.

While I like most of my tea as blends, this is one of the few I truly enjoy plain. Solid quality, good cup.

LuckyMe recommended it as a cheaper oolong, and what do you know, I found it at Big Lots for $1.80 for 24 bags. I totally didn’t need it considering incoming swaps, but I’m going to need it for my trip down to Florida and for drinks on the go. Also, my mom got it for herself anyways, so it’s our shared stash.

It’s a really smooth oolong, and for a bagged tea, it actually has a complete simple profile, with some notes of complexity. Turns out that this is one of the teas that I used to drink as a kid in Hawaii. I smell and taste a really herbaceous brown rice character, with a woodsy body, and a honey like finish. Not anything spectacular, and experience tea drinkers might compare it to cardboard, or a standard oolong. I really enjoy it, and especially so because of how cheaply I can get it for the really passable quality. Hence the higher review. Taste is really closer to a 65-70, but price and convenience bumped this tea up 10 points for me. It just might be a decent introduction to a newbie, but it might not be sweet enough for a developing palette.

Flavors: Earth, Honey, Rice, Wood

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have returned from vacation again. This trip I was going to be running around a lot, so I picked this up. I am usually against tea bags completely. My tea snobbery comes out when bags are involved. I had to keep this at bay in consideration that I wouldn’t have time for Gong Fu, and I needed my tea fix. This actually weren’t that bad. They had a golden amber colored liquor, and the taste was actually quite smooth. This was not anything great, but taken into account that it was a cheap tea bag, it wasn’t terrible. The flavor was a slightly roasted oolong and woodsy. The only problem is that after drinking a few cups in a row I began to get a headache. I needed to stop drinking tea, and start sipping on some water. I suspect this is from the quality of the leaf.

This worked for my situation and now I have tea bags in the house in case anyone is weirded out by my other “tea options”.

Flavors: Oak wood, Pine, Roasted

200 °F / 93 °C

Bagged oolong? I’m game – Grabbed a box of 25 at Big Lots for 2 bucks. Initially I was skeptical and mostly uninterested in this, but thought I’ll try it what’s the worst that’ll happen? The dry, bagged “leaves” were unimpressive in every aspect; unattractive, un-aromatic, and unappealing, but I quickly got over these downfalls as I poured the hot water over the bag….

A wonderful woodsy, roasted, campfire, outdoorsy aroma filled my cup. The aroma is truly amazing and exciting to me. The taste left a lot of room for improvement, but wasn’t horrible. I’ll not say it was great, but it was more than expected; a little stale mixed with some potential.

Teas like this are tricky to grade, you have to account for many variables that boil down to personal preference and also remember that this was just 2 bucks… I’d buy it again if not just to fill my house with the amazing aroma, but I dont mind drinking it either. Unimpressive bit completely acceptable for my house.

I found this tea at Marshalls (sister store to TJ Maxx), at the low price of $5.99 for 100 bags, what a deal! I picked up a box of the Organic Oolong, as well as the Organic Green and brought them both to share with the office.

I’m happy that the tea is certified USDA Organic, and comes in an unbleached teabag. That is more or less the extent of the plusses column.

The flavor is stale tasting, but I am able to detect hints of wheat, roasted barley, malt, and earth.

Similar to the TO green tea, there’s a high level of bitterness and tannin in this tea that make my tongue feel like it’s growing fur.

This is an unoffensive but unremarkable bagged oolong tea. I guess I got what I paid for.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Earth, Malt, Roasted Barley, Tannin

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 0 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Not a bad oolong, especially for bagged. Good for a quick pick-me-up when you’re running short on time.