Green Tea
Broccoli, Butter, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Miyu

• “So this was my first day back to drinking a good amount of tea. I brewed this today before work, and had it throughout the day. I’m currently sitting at my desk, taking a moment to write a...” Read full tasting note
    Rufus 125 tasting notes
  • “A classic sencha for daily use. This one is very similar in taste and quality as the sencha supérieur from Le Palais du Thé, but the reason why I find this one better is because it’s organic.” Read full tasting note
    mauddekerangal1 12 tasting notes

From Touch Organic

Product description not available yet.

About Touch Organic View company

So this was my first day back to drinking a good amount of tea. I brewed this today before work, and had it throughout the day. I’m currently sitting at my desk, taking a moment to write a review before jumping into my “1000 Word Writing Challenge.”

While I was in North Carolina, my mother-in-law wanted to take us out shopping after we had our Southern-style BBQ/family gathering. Anyway, I stumbled upon a 1000 gram “bucket” of this Sencha for $20! I love a good Sencha, so I thought that price was a steal, especially for 1000 grams!

Now the leaves are about the size of my pinky. The aroma of the dry leaf has a nice vegetal/mineral aroma. The wet leaf is the same, but the vegetal aroma comes forward a little more. However, the flavor profile is nice. It’s a smooth-sweet-vegetal-coated-in butter flavor. 1000 grams is plenty; I’ll drink this daily for a while. It’s a good cup to have throughout the day, and I rather enjoy it.

(Side Note: Imagine broccoli with butter. That’s what my wife said it tasted like. I’m not a super connoisseur when it comes to Japanese greens, but this is all I can think of now. What would you (those of you who are BIG into Japanese greens) call this flavor?)

PS. Apparently this tea is a Chinese tea “prepared by using traditional Japanese deep-steaming methods….” So my bad. However, it’s nice. I might try expanding my tea tastings to more Japanese greens, or some prepared in this fashion. I’m down for something good, but being that I haven’t been exposed to too many Japanese greens, I avoid them as much as possible. I had an old roommate who played with Japanese teas, but his method included over-steeping and water that was too hot. If anyone has any ideas what to try, please let me know!

Flavors: Broccoli, Butter, Vegetal

Daylon R Thomas

Liquid Proust is your man for Japanese Greens.

S.G. Sanders