Organic White Tea

White Tea
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by teatortoise

From Touch Organic

Organic white tea is a slightly fermented green tea blended with rare silver tea leaves and buds. The richest in antioxidants, this tea is recognized for its golden hue and less bitter taste- the new color of tea from China is white.

About Touch Organic View company

I never drink bagged teas, because they lack depth of flavor and can’t release enough tea for more than one real infusion. That said, I’m in a pinch right now and I spotted a brand of white bagged tea in the grocery store, and since I have developed nighttime asthma I’ve been needing lightly oxidized teas frequently to help clear my airways. The description wasn’t disingenuous, so I took a shot in the dark. True to form, brewed at a low temperature, this fanning tea brand brews one steeping of “nothing fancy” Chinese white tea. I prefer to begin sipping a tad early, so as to taste both the premature and mature flavor in one steeping, after finally removing the leaves just at the moment of full infusion.

The aroma is grassy and tangy. The color is a tinge green compared to whole leaf white tea, while not unattractive. Surprisingly, there is somewhat of a soft body to it—that is, if steeped long enough, and with roughly 1.5-2 bags per cup. Watched carefully and with cooler water, it should not become bitter and retains a sweet buttery mouth-feel, true to white teas. If the water is a little too hot, the tea becomes more astringent and less sweet, so it is sensitive in that way.

A mellow honey-and-hay flavor, with delicate fruity notes, and at first a tartly tangy aftertaste. That’s about it, a hit it and quit it shallow white, with a medium-ish degree of caffeine, as the fannings seem to diffuse it well in cooler water. Helps the sinuses and provides a good oomph! There is a vegetal aftertaste which leaves you with a lightly astringent, creamy sensation in the end.

Rather pungent, as bagged teas go, and acceptable if necessary…

This is a good white tea. Not too strong and goes down smooth. You can’t beat the price either. I bought a box of 100 teabags for around 7 dollars. Bargain! Sometimes I don’t want a cup of tea with all the bells and whistles. Sometimes I’m only in the mood for something plain and simple. This fills the bill perfectly on those such occasions.

Bought this on my most recent trip to Winner’s because…tea.

I was hesitant to try this one because it’s a plain white tea; right now I’ve been on a flavoured tea kick over a plain tea kick. But…for $5.99 for 100 bags? Why the heck not.

Glad I took a chance. This tea is yummy. A bit sweet on its own, light-tasting, and actually almost refreshing. I’d be interested in trying this one iced. I don’t usually ice straight teas, but…there’s a first for everything. And I’ve got 99 more bags and stuff. So it’s not like I’m short on supply… :)

Verdict: would re-buy if there was another box to buy when this one is almost gone.

Very light, a nice morning tea to have, taste is light