Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I was in the grocery store when Townshend's Vanilla Rooibos caught my eye. I absolutely love rooibos but have unfortunately disliked most blended versions. I had tried Stash's Vanilla Rooibos, but...” Read full tasting note
    teatotaler 26 tasting notes

From Townshend's Tea Company

Our original organic South African rooibos mixed with a generous amount of fresh chopped vanilla bean. Also popular as a latte.

About Townshend's Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

I was in the grocery store when Townshend’s Vanilla Rooibos caught my eye. I absolutely love rooibos but have unfortunately disliked most blended versions. I had tried Stash’s Vanilla Rooibos, but it wasn’t very good.

This, on the other hand, is delicious! The vanilla really comes through but doesn’t taste artificially sweet. It is a bit like a dessert treat. I like to brew it darker (two teaspoons per cup, steeped for at least 5 minutes), but I’m also eager to try it iced. I’m glad to have another caffeine-free option to drink at night.

I also just found out I live by the Townshend’s on Alberta. I can’t wait to make a trip to the shop itself.