Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Townshend's Tea

1 Tasting Note View all

From Townshend's Tea Company

High grade powdered green tea steamed with milk and honey.

Matcha description from Townshend’s website: This ancient drink has a sweet-vegetal flavor and contains a high concentration of vitamins as well as caffeine. Bright green.

About Townshend's Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

This morning, hubby took me down Alberta Street in Portland – and let me go into Townshend’s Teashop WITH money in hand.

So, I’m totally in love with Townshend’s. Think Starbucks with tea instead of coffee – which would make starbucks so much more awesome – and this much more awesome place is Townshend’s.

The Matcha Latte was tasty. Creamy, smooth, sweet, very little bitterness. I found more bitterness with it in the beginning with the matcha froth that was oozing out of the lid than with the actual liquid. YUM!

Our starbucks used to have a great selection of teas- most of Tazo’s collection. But then they started the full leaf thing and got rid of all teas not offered in sachets. So now I have a problem w/ both Starbucks and Tazo lol.:) Is Townshend’s a chain like Starbucks? I’ve never heard of it.

No, Townshend’s is Portland based. There is one in Portland, and a second one opened in Bend, OR.