Jasmine Green Tea

Green Tea
Floral, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin Hurley

From Trader Joe's

Product description not available yet.

About Trader Joe's View company

Observation 1: The tea is individually wrapped. Yay freshness!

Observation 2: I did not brew it, my boyfriend did. I did not get to check for initial aroma. To my knowledge, 2 tea bags were brewed in a 32 oz Amsterdam teapot for at least 3 minutes, resulting in a clear tawny solution.

Observation 3: Post brewing. I was greeted with the gentlest sweetest jasmine aroma I have crossed paths with in a very long time. Like the old friend and guardian of the evening I used to smell on nights when I could not sleep, I felt myself smile and immediately relax.

Observation 4: My first cup I prepared my favorite way, with “Irish” cream and sugar and the tea did not stand out very well with the cream (I am noticing that green teas do not stand well against whiskey). Still yummy and sweet, I enjoyed my cup. My second cup of tea, I only added sugar and was presented with a very smooth and moderately intense green tea flavor with not much jasmine taste detectable. My third cup was tea without sugar or cream. There was the smooth green tea taste I mentioned before along with a much stronger jasmine presence.

Overall: What a delightful green tea! I would not drink this tea if I desired a jasmine tea, but as far as green tea is concerned I daresay it is one of the most agreeable green teas I have had.

Boyfriend’s remarks
“I thought that it was a little too much green tea, but not enough jasmine for my taste. I would have liked for it to have a bit more jasmine taste.”

I really like this tea. It steeps well both hot and iced (sometimes i will throw a teabag or two into a cold thermos and just let it steep during the day and i have iced tea on the go! Not sure if it is “proper” but it certainly is handy… And delicious!) I haven’t tried any other teas with jasmine, so I can’t compare, but the price per box is good and to me it is a very “comforting” tea. I will also sometimes mix this with other varieties of green teas for something different.

Honestly, for $2 a box, it’s pretty decent tea. It’s my go-to bagged tea when I’m in the office and I just need some tea. I tend to let this steep for as long as possible to get the most flavor. It’s never tasted bitter to me, no matter how long I steep it for.

This tea is very floral and fragrant, I have to agree with the comment below. You get the perfect worlds &flavors with each sip.

someone here decided to make me a cup of tea since I seemed down. Not down so much as perplexed as every few minutes everything for my schedule changes and then I am supposed to run in a different direct. I always seem to be behind too (as in oh you are going to AK in sept not next year, why don’t’ you have everything lined up. I need a presentation for Thursday, oh no how about in 2 weeks and no presentation). So this tea stopped me, hey this is a decent green its got hints of jasmine but I wouldn’t have said “jasmine” if I hadn’t checked to see where it came from. More of a floral sweet green not very deep in flavor but a nice sipping drink that pulled me right out of the artificial race.

Flavors: Floral, Sweet

10 OZ / 295 ML

This tea lacked flavor.

Smells like jasmine, tastes like green tea. I agree with the temperature comments – too hot (also too long) and it’s bitter. Good for a cheap tea. I’m going to try to do the cold steeping that a few people here have mentioned (in fact, off to pop a bag in a water bottle to steep overnight).

This makes the non-jasmine Trader Joe’s green tea look like a lazybones.

A cheap, covenient, drinkable jasmine green. Sweet and floral.