English Breakfast Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by happycodemonkey

From Trader Joe's

Product description not available yet.

About Trader Joe's View company

Taste-wise, it is okay.

It’s funny though, how a non-decaf tea made me feel so relaxed :)

Can be used to make chai.

I drank several more cups of this over the last two days, 5 min steep in 205F water, taken with milk. My main complaint before was that the bitter was out of balance—too strong. Hot, and especially with milk, the bitter is strong but I can enjoy it. There is no noticeable maltiness, and only faint sweetness. Every cup has a hint of cinnamon flavor and a faint rose aroma.

This tea isn’t going to break any boundaries of new flavors. It isn’t groundbreaking. It isn’t fancy. But it’s nice enough.

This is the one my best friend keeps around her house for me to drink, so I have a soft spot for it. It’s a decent tea, not terribly strong, not terribly interesting.

For a large box under $3, this is a really great tea. It is moderately flavorful, dark, and balanced if brewed properly: 3.5 minutes at 205F. I like my tea strong and usually brew at least 4 minutes, but with this tea anything past 3.5 mins and it gets very bitter. Brew 3-3.5 and it’s actually got some sweet notes, in addition to the classic English Breakfast flavor and “brightness”, but not much maltiness (TJ’s Irish Breakfast has that in spades, though). It’s got a beautiful dark red color and a nice nose. I actually own much better and more expensive black tea than this, but I find myself coming back to it on a regular basis. It’s a keeper.

This was the tea that first got me into tea, but as time goes on I seem to find it a bit bitter, but maybe I’m steeping for to long?

This is a really nice and strong black tea. Definitely drink it with milk and sugar, especially if you steep it for a long time. It’s a great morning-time tea, perfect to wake up to.

Cheap. Easy. Quick. Strong.
Can’t complain.

I really hope this is decaf…

This is good for when I’m running late and don’t have time to go looseleaf. With Milk and honey, it’s noms.