Pomegranate White Tea

Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by prema

From Trader Joe's

Ingredients: Organic white tea leaves, organic hibiscus flowers, organic lemongrass, natural flavors, pomegranate extract, organic citrus flavors. 94% organic ingredients

About Trader Joe's View company

I had a cup of this last night at book group. It tastes pretty good, but the pomegranate is pretty strong and overwhelms the white. If you’d asked me to identify what kind of tea it was, I’d have said herbal. I would not have guessed white. Even so, I liked it ok. I wouldn’t go buy it but also wouldn’t turn it down if someone offered me a cup. I had this unsweetened.

Lisbet

I almost always hate pomegranate teas and this STILL makes me miss TJs. Wahhh! Habenero-Lime salsa!

Batrachoid

I know what you mean. Before we got TJ’s here we’d take empty suitcases every time we went to Boston just to fill with stuff from Trader Joe’s. Even at their worst they’re still better than any other store.

Lisbet

They have some really great unique stuff. I loved their multi-grain chips. They’ll never come to TX though- the tax on selling their alcohol is too high, they say, so the prices they’d have to charge wouldn’t fit their business model. Sigh.

Kristin

Now that you mention it… I wonder where she got this tea. There is no Trader Joes in Utah!

Lisbet

She must have a hookup :)

Why yes, I did brew this twice in one day. This time I put one bag in my 16oz travel mug and just left it in there forever (it’s still in there now, 30 minutes later). Don’t know if this really made a difference in the taste though. I guess this just isn’t a very flavorful tea. The pomegranate still isn’t super prominent like I thought it would be, unfortunately. I still like it though! I’ll finish this box gladly!

Wonder what would happen if I added some agave to it…

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

I am in agreement here. A very tasty tea…..I’m not sure if TJ’s carries this one anymore but a good tea none the less.

Has a very beautiful deep red color (ruby?). Has a very strong pomegranate flavor. Not a lite tea.

Sipping this tea, I get no hint of white tea or pomegranate or even lemongrass as is listed in the ingredients. This tea is an assault of hibiscus, nothing more.

Tasted fairly weak to me, but it wasn’t horrible.

This is a delicious tea! I see a lot of people brew it 195°F. This seems a little odd to me since I’ve always heard white teas should be brewed at around 160°F. Anyways, I think cooler temperature brew comes out great!

Way too sweet for me and most others I’ve served it to. However, I don’t like sweet, sugary drinks. I don’t add anything to my teas and drink them straight. If you like a lot of strong, sweet flavor, then you might like this.

4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is alright. The pomegranate and hibiscus overwhelm the white quite a bit, but that is to be expected…

I agree with a previous poster who said that the pomegranate was pretty strong. Oherwise I think it’s a good tea.