Pomegranate White Tea

Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by prema

From Trader Joe's

Ingredients: Organic white tea leaves, organic hibiscus flowers, organic lemongrass, natural flavors, pomegranate extract, organic citrus flavors. 94% organic ingredients

About Trader Joe's View company

If I’m feeling under the weather, I sip on TJ’s Pomegranate White Tea. Great with honey, although if you’re looking for a good white tea, this may not be it.

This has a very striking pomegranate taste and has the type of flavor of many herbals I’ve had. It is pleasantly tart and sweet with a slight bitter aftertaste. I particularly enjoyed the fruity aroma and deep red color. I will definitely be buying more of it from Trader Joe’s!

Very light and you can definitely get a hint of pomegranate.

Tried this tea when my wife bought it on a whim. It is a nice tasting, fruity tea. However, being a fan of white tea in it’s simplest form (touch of honey), I felt the pomegranate was overwhelming and destroyed any semblance of the white tea element. All in all, a good tea, but not a personal favorite.

This was actually my first white tea (awww) so it holds a special place in my heart. Probably the best pom tea I’ve tasted, and since I steep it forever the flavor is strong and spot on!

Boiling 8 min or more

My favorite tea from TJ’s.

I wanted to like this, but it really didn’t cut it for me. Too…tangy? I tried adding it to an iced blend and it didn’t help, so I gave it away to a friend who’s a bigger fan of bagged tea and pomegranates than I am.

This tea feels like it has a lot of caffeine. On an empty stomach, it makes me shaky and feel very alert. Other than that, I really like it. It’s fantastic iced! Like flowers doing ballet in my mouth which is Antarctica.

Boiling 8 min or more

Another one from our host’s selection.
This one makes me think of a white version of Republic of Tea’s Pomegranate Green. The pomegranate has substance, but it’s not so strong that it overpowers the white tea. It’s nice and simple when I’m in the mood for fruit. It’s very good, but I think I still prefer blueberry with my white tea.

Agree with the other comments that this pomegranate tea hits the spot. Being a white tea, it isn’t overwhelming, but enough flavor to keep it interesting and it won’t get bitter if steeped for too long. It’s a great change up from the typical black tea!