Candy Cane Green Tea

Green Tea
Peppermint, Green
Edit tea info Last updated by kenl

From Trader Joe's

“While our Candy Cane Decaffeinated Green Tea may lack the traditional red and white stripes and cane shape associated with your traditional candy cane, that familiar minty taste is ever present. We’ve taken some of our favorite holiday flavors like refreshing peppermint, creamy vanilla and spicy cinnamon and mixed them with a naturally decaffeinated, rich green tea.

About Trader Joe's View company

This tea has a wonderful scent, just like candy canes with a hint of cinnamon. I had it plain without anything added, but next time I would definitely add sugar or honey to sweeten it a bit. This mix begs for it.

winter fave

Never thought that I would enjoy a decaf tea, but somehow this worked!

I saw this recommended in one of the food blogs that I regularly read, so when I saw it at Trader Joe’s, I picked up a box. The peppermint aroma is enjoyable as soon as you open the box, and remains even after a double steeping.

I will probably hoard a few boxes of this so that I can enjoy it long after the holiday season.

So back in the fall a coworker found out I love tea, and then she was telling me she liked to drink tea too, but mainly just when it was cold out. One day she brought this tea to work and was super excited about it because apparently at her Trader Joe’s this tea would sell out so fast that she had only heard rumors about how good it was but had never actually even had the chance to see the box.
She was ecstatic coming into work one morning with a bag of a couple tea bags of this tea in her backpack.
I didn’t think it would be all that great since I’m not huge on the teas from Trader Joe’s, plus it is a flavored green tea.
We ended up using microwaved water to steep it in (Yeah…don’t start with me about how bad that is. I know. But that was literally our only choice xD). Was kinda pepperminty. Couldn’t really taste the green tea either though.
It was just kinda there. She felt the same way. xD
Then like a month or so later I got a late Christmas package from the lovely Albertocanfly! And guess which tea she included! Yup. That’s right. This one.
I was kinda hesitant to try this one again since it was not great, but she mentioned that it was weak and it needed sugar so I gave it another try tonight.
Ended up steeping it for like 10 minutes before I realized that the tea bag was at the bottom of my full mug. So in the end I didn’t even need sugar. It was really really strong since I steeped it for so long. I’m surprised it wasn’t even bitter.
For the last tea bag of this one she gave me I am going to do the correct steeping amount and add sugar like she said. Maybe then it will be even better.
But yeah, still not a huge fan. It’s okay I guess.
I even liked Santa’s Secret from DavidsTea better than this one. xD Also I gave my friend Santa’s Secret and Christmas Tradition from Della Terra for Christmas and she fell in love. I am slowly working on converting her to loose leaf tea!! Muahahaha! Just makes it hard when we can only use the microwave at work for hot water…But that’s just a little bump in the road to making another convert :P

Flavors: Peppermint

Maddy Barone

Thanks for that review! We don’t have a Trader’s Joe here, but I was down in Minneapolis a few weeks ago and looked at their teas. A friend really loves their breakfast tea. I decided against getting any, as I have a bunch of tea already, and I used bagged teas mainly for convenience when I travel. Anyway, I guess I can cross this one off my list.

Just love this tea. I need to hoard what I have left of it. I don’t have a Traders Joe by me but found a box online (ebay) and had to snatch it up to try it. Love Green Tea and I love Candy Cane Teas. This one doesn’t disappoint. If you enjoy the CS Candy Cane one, you’ll like this one as well. Basically the same tea, but Traders Joe has (in my opinion) cuter graphics on the box.

Cold Brewed it and its still so very enjoyable. Love the convenience of this being a bagged tea for work. At home, I drink mainly loose teas but at work, that isn’t always possible or do I always want to mess with it. A good way to start off my work morning with with a smooth creamy delight!

Flavors: Green, Peppermint

this is actually delicious.

after my 2 cups of matcha today & my veggie marathon (i love vegetables!) replete with supplements of Spirulina, turmeric & Neem, i was quite full and couldn’t really fit more tea. lol.

for dinner i made a spinach salad with basil-infused olive oil from Colavita (my new favorite thing in life) to which i added a generous sprinkling of salt, lots of cracked black pepper and topped it off with toasted almonds & coconut flakes. i know that might sound bizarre but it is actually amazing. toasted almonds are everything. also, while in the toaster- there is such a small window of time during which they toast & get perfectly dark around the edges just before burning! i have mastered this art.

sometimes i’ll add Jyoti’s Jaipur Karhi to the salad in place of dressing & it’ll be this perfectly yummy, tangy, spicy & coconutty experience with mustard seeds (!!!) and the toasted almonds are just the crowning glory. i really need to stop talking about toasted almonds.

anyway, after my salad i had a cup of Eden’s organic Hojicha, which i love dearly. it tastes like dark roasted popcorn omg. maybe slightly burnt popcorn. in a sort of wheatish reed kind of way. then a while after that i was feeling sleepy so i made me a cup of this!

this is the exact same thing as Candy Cane Lane by Celestial Seasonings, which i also have. when i first got it during the holiday season, i remember thinking it was nice, but just an ordinary mint tea. now i think it’s really amazing and great before bed. i also realize that there is vanilla in this along with the peppermint and i think i can perceive some cinnamon as well, thinking back on Nutcracker Sweet. when i add honey to this, it comes pretty close to tasting like a candy cane! which is odd that i should be excited, considering i don’t really eat candy canes around Christmas. but okay, it works for this tea!

tummy-soothing, comforting & inviting to sleep. i guess that’s why mint is a key ingredient in all CS’s sleepytime blends!!

TeaBrat

your dinner sounds amazing. what are you taking neem for?

TheTeaFairy

Want the salad! Sounds so yummy!

pyarkaaloo

thanks @teabrat & @teafairy! :)

if u want to try n replicate the salad, toast the almonds in a toaster, let them brown n even burn a little…but be quick about it because slightly burnt can become completely burnt in a matter of seconds! ;p

@teabrat- i take neem for all the purported health benefits. i read in a lot of places neem is a miracle tree, can prevent cancer, improve your skin, cleanse your blood, etc. i take neem leaf in capsule form. i heard it can also help your immune system & has similar effects to that of Echinacea and Goldenseal.

I like this tea. It has a nice peppermint taste.

A really, solidly good tea. Refreshing, soothing. AND THERES A NARWHAL ON THE INSIDE

I love the flavors in this. :) it is perfect for the holidays.

It’s addictively delicious with a strong peppermint taste and slight bitterness. I have also never found myself sniffing a box of tea for so long after it is empty. This tea is my personal favorite, by far.