Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by shinylib

From Trader Joe's

Ingredients: Chamomile flowers. No artificial colors, flavors or additives.

Brewing instructions: Place one tea bag in an 8 ounce cup. Add boiling water and steep 3-5 minutes.

About Trader Joe's View company

Sipdown! Bye bye, chamomile, I dont think you will grace my cupboard again, but it was nice while it lasted.

So my bestie came over and after lunch I offered tea (of course). She must reduce caffeine so requested something herbal. I made this chamomile tea. I have been drinking a cup almost daily since I too have to keep caffeine to a fraking minimum. Which I’m handling with such grace as you can see. We sipped our tea dutifully and then left to go out. As we walked away, I said, “I hate chamomile tea so much.” Relief and solidarity in her eyes, my friend responded fervently, “I do too!” It was fun to hate it together.

gmathis

Chamomile with ___ (fill in your favorite fruity herbal thing) is a significant improvement over chamomile straight up. I can’t find it locally at the moment, but Celestial Seasonings has a sweet apple chamomile that’s downright tasty.

Serenity

Yes, gmathis: blends are the way to go with chamomile, for me. Please excuse my flip, irreverent, and self indulgent tea log posting, but I enjoyed writing it! : ) I wonder if some herbs such as chamomile are like cilantro. You know how some people hate cilantro and other people are like, MORE of that cilantro goodness? Chamomile on its own tastes rather metallic. Warm, metal flavored water…

So I was sitting there pondering something I can’t remember now while the Oscars was on, to which I suddenly craved for some hummous and pita chips to go along with! There I was swinging by the TJ’s , figured it was a grab and buy errand but as usual I got stuck in the store browsing around. Well, obviously it lead me to this fab tea, which I bought a carton of two along with some nachos(skipped the pita) and got some dips. I drank a cup at once i got home and brewed it with hot water for 5 minutes. It gave off the usual chamomile flowery aroma , but it turns out a bit starchy that gives off a woody taste. Another cup and steeped it again but it turns out mute and more woody, a fine stand by for any night!

I just looove this chamomile, it has such great organic flowery flavor. Super basic but super smooth and calming. I ran out of this and need to get more!

Boiling 8 min or more