green tea powder 250g pack

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Gingko (manager of Life in Teacup)

From Tradition

Product description not available yet.

About Tradition View company

I am 100% happy with this product, considering both its quality and price.

First, I would like to point out this is not a matcha product. Even though the pack says “matcha”, it’s really just a green tea product. The package is labeled this way because many Asian people take matcha and green tea powder as the same concept, however in Japan, matcha is strictly distinguished from other green tea products.

This green tea powder product from Asian grocery. It’s fine enough to function as “matcha” in desserts. The pack is half a pound, all for several dollars. I don’t think I could ever possibly finish this big pack.

I use this powder and light cream to make green tea popsicles. The green tea taste is very refreshing. It stands out from the background cream flavor very well. This is my favorite summer cold dessert.

Another easy way to use this powder is “matcha” milk tea – similar to starbucks matcha frappucchino. 1/4 teaspoon of green tea powder in a glass of milk, stir with a chopstick or an electric milk froth maker. Easy and yummy!

Cofftea

Fake matcha… sad day!

Gingko (manager of Life in Teacup)

I wouldn’t call it fake matcha, because matcha in Japanese and Chinese simply means fine green tea powder. But matcha as a specific term now means the finest form of this kind of powder. It is worth noticing, though, many Asian products labeled as “matcha” are not matcha in the most real sense.

SimpliciTEA

If I get my hands of any of this, I may try your ‘matcha milk tea’ idea’. I guess that’s basically like a matcha latte?

I saw this mentioned in a discussion. Read the reviews – Gingko and The DJ Booth both seemed impressed. I drink green tea powder everyday and let’s face it, I’m cheap. I looked this up on Amazon and it was like $10.50 for over half a pound of tea. I got free shipping with some accompanying Christmas present orders. This is half the price of what I normally drink. The company is in Taiwan, so I believe the tea comes from there as well.

Long introduction to say with the addition of milk and flavoring added, I can tell very little difference between this and the costlier (but still pretty cheap) version. I’ll watch it for a few days before totally committing – although with over 8 oz of it, I am kind of committed anyway. What difference I did note was this may be a little less bitter, with a little less potent flavor. Or maybe, I just haven’t got my mix right yet. Either way, I am satisfied at the moment.

gmathis

That’s my strawberry tea people…can’t be too bad!

K S

I thought the strawberry tea was from Good-Young or something like that. I have searched for a strawberry tea I like as well – haven’t found one yet. Next time I am near the world mart I need to try Ahmad Strawberry. They have never let me down yet.

gmathis

I think it’s got about twelve names, but Traditions is also on the box. We were at a World Market last weekend (I was so-o-o-o-o good in the tea aisle, I still have claw marks on my palms from clenching my hands). But not much Ahmad there at all.

K S

I remember the Traditions/Good Young thing now. I have a tin of loose poo like that. Mostly not English. I think I had it for a year before I learned the company that distributed it.

I know too well the claw marks but it did allow the Ahmad to stay in the store – until next time.