green tea powder 250g pack

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Gingko (manager of Life in Teacup)

From Tradition

Product description not available yet.

About Tradition View company

Please keep things friendly and .

I am 100% happy with this product, considering both its quality and price.

First, I would like to point out this is not a matcha product. Even though the pack says “matcha”, it’s really just a green tea product. The package is labeled this way because many Asian people take matcha and green tea powder as the same concept, however in Japan, matcha is strictly distinguished from other green tea products.

This green tea powder product from Asian grocery. It’s fine enough to function as “matcha” in desserts. The pack is half a pound, all for several dollars. I don’t think I could ever possibly finish this big pack.

I use this powder and light cream to make green tea popsicles. The green tea taste is very refreshing. It stands out from the background cream flavor very well. This is my favorite summer cold dessert.

Another easy way to use this powder is “matcha” milk tea – similar to starbucks matcha frappucchino. 1/4 teaspoon of green tea powder in a glass of milk, stir with a chopstick or an electric milk froth maker. Easy and yummy!

Cofftea

Fake matcha… sad day!

Gingko (manager of Life in Teacup)

I wouldn’t call it fake matcha, because matcha in Japanese and Chinese simply means fine green tea powder. But matcha as a specific term now means the finest form of this kind of powder. It is worth noticing, though, many Asian products labeled as “matcha” are not matcha in the most real sense.

SimpliciTEA

If I get my hands of any of this, I may try your ‘matcha milk tea’ idea’. I guess that’s basically like a matcha latte?

Please keep things friendly and .

When I first started drinking green tea powder mixed with milk in the mornings, I would douse it with flavored syrups – vanilla and caramel to be exact. I was buying Cafe al Fresco brand from Walmart. They quit carrying it (though it seemed to sell well – figures). So I bought some Torani brand at twice the cost. It is one of the big name brands but I don’t like it. Later bought some off brand at Dollar Tree. Made it through the bottles but just no.

I gave up and just started doing without syrup. Know what? After a few days I discovered I really like this without additives except the milk and a little sweetener. The taste is mild and not bitter (though I have never tried it without milk). With toast and honey, it makes a good way to ease into my day.

In other exciting news – my youngest son ran down the stairs last night and asked if we smelled smoke. He opened the basement door and immediately we saw smoke. The blower on the furnace may have locked up. Pulled the breakers and we are waiting on a repairman. We tried to find a space heater in town. If we were wanting a bikini, they were readily available. Heaters, not so much. Makes sense, yesterday was the first time it has been above freezing in a month. We had a couple heaters already at home so they kept us toasty last night. My den is pretty cool today. Considering when I was a kid we had an outhouse and had to carry water up the hill from a spring – not going to complain. I remember so many school day mornings, grabbing my clothes and running to the kitchen where the oil heater located and getting dressed with chattering teeth. Feeling thankful today for hot water, plumbing, a well insulated home, and memories of when it wasn’t so easy.

Lala

Hope you get the furnace fixed soon and you stay warm in the meantime :)