Organic Nighty Night

Flowering Herbal Blend
Catnip, Chamomile, Hops, Lemon Peel, Lemon Verbena, Lemongrass, Organic Spearmint, Passion Flower
Floral, Flowers, Herbs, Mint, Pepper, Peppercorn, Sweet, Spearmint
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “This bag has put me over the top. Obviously it’s late (1am), but I also have now consumed a hefty quantity of passion flower, chamomile, catnip, hops, et cetera! The flavor is better than I...” Read full tasting note
    shera-pop 1737 tasting notes
  • “all the un-sampled teas i have are herbal, so my tastings have been kinda slow going. but due to a slight chill in the air and my perpetual slight dehydration due to marathon training, i actually...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 759 tasting notes
  • “This tea, I believe, can not be rated accurately due to the fact that I use it for a sleep -aide. If I was rating it for taste, it would probably be around a 50%. However, the overall experience is...” Read full tasting note
    hiilesli 8 tasting notes
  • “This really mostly tastes of mint and chamomile. I wish the mint was stronger though, it tastes less-than-fresh to me? Maybe I’m just a mint snob! Not really noticing it making me any more...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 541 tasting notes

From Traditional Medicinals

Organic Nighty Night® addresses tenseness, irritability, nervous restlessness, and nervous stomach thus promoting nighttime relaxation.* The use of passionflower, hops and chamomile for restlessness and mild sleeping difficulties is supported by clinical data and by traditional use.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. (Above update by rmd)

Ingredients from back of tea bag envelope: Organic Valerian Root, Organic Passionflower Herb, Organic Lemon Balm Leaf, Organic Peppermint Leaf; Proprietary Blend: Organic Caraway Fruit, Organic Licorice Root. (By SJBP)

About Traditional Medicinals View company

The flavor is better than I recall it having been—of course, my powers of mental acuity are now severely impaired. I did notice that valerian is not listed among the ingredients on my new box of Relaxation Teas (of which Nighty Night is one). So the herbalists chez Traditional Medicinals appear to have changed the formula but not the name of this blend.

Well, whatever works—and this does!

Nighty Night!

Flavors: Flowers

Kirkoneill1988

that’s an interesting name for the tea :) care to swap a some tea for a few bags of this sometime? i got lots of teas check my cupboard out

but due to a slight chill in the air and my perpetual slight dehydration due to marathon training, i actually drank 3 herbals last night :)

this one, i never finished the cup. and i could say that it was because i was too tired? but i think it was probably just because i didn’t really like it. it was just a sample and i don’t have any more, so not to worry.

my new new kindle? it’s on my doorstep right now! i can’t wait to go home and cuddle it. can’t! wait!

This tea, I believe, can not be rated accurately due to the fact that I use it for a sleep -aide. If I was rating it for taste, it would probably be around a 50%. However, the overall experience is much better. The aroma promotes relaxation and almost reminds me of eucalyptus or mint.

I have not yet been able to master a great sleepy time tea with loose leaf; therefore, this is the best bet.

Lesli

I don’t steep it as long as it suggests (10-15 minutes), because I like to drink at least two cups. Also, I enjoy adding eleutherococcus herbal supplement to assist in the ‘sedation’ effects. :)

Not really noticing it making me any more sleepy. In the future I think I’d pass this one up for just plain mint (it’d be cheaper).

perfect balance between the mint and chamomile earthy flavor

Absolutely delicious, I notice chamomile, sweet mint, dried flowery herbs, maybe something lemony or minty like catnip or lemon balm? Very soothing and not medicinal/yucky at all.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Herbs, Mint, Pepper, Peppercorn, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 24 OZ / 700 ML

I despise the flavor of chamomile, but was feeling in need of a tea to help relax me tonight. I was pleased to find that the spearmint in this particular blend completely overpowered the scent and flavor of the chamomile. This still isn’t something I would choose to drink for the flavor, but it’s effective and drinkable for a chamomile-hater.

Flavors: Spearmint

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very definitely works. The dry bag smells overwhelmingly like Valerian (which is to say, it smells like dirty socks), so I was a bit apprehensive about drinking a cup of it, but once it is submerged in hot water, the smell goes away and the other herbs take over and make it very sweet, mild, soothing, and enjoyable. And it knocked me out. It worked better than the Valerian capsules I take sometimes. I’m betting that TM uses a superior grade of herbs than the company that makes the capsules.

Flavors: Floral, Mint, Sweet

It’s pretty awesome. It tastes exactly how it’s described and not bitter at all. Pretty effective sleep aid, way more effective than that of Tazo

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 15 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I drank too much caffeine today. In addition to the tea I had, there was also a tall Starbucks coffee. I am feeling so sensitive to the effects of caffeine lately and I know I need to do a better job of having less tomorrow.

This seemed like it would be a nice relaxing herbal. I have some plain passionflower tea, and it doesn’t taste like much. You get a lot of the spearmint and lemon verbena in this blend which boosts the flavor content a lot. Regardless, this isn’t something one would choose to drink for the taste alone, but hopefully it will help ratchet down my energy levels a notch or two. I might need another cup of this before I go to bed.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML