Organic Nighty Night

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SJBP

• “In tonight's steep-off chez sherapop, Traditional Medicinals Nighty Night is going sip to sip and sniff to sniff against Organic Nighty Night for Kids. They both appear to contain chamomile, hops,...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 496 tasting notes
  • “all the un-sampled teas i have are herbal, so my tastings have been kinda slow going. but due to a slight chill in the air and my perpetual slight dehydration due to marathon training, i actually...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 709 tasting notes
  • “This tea, I believe, can not be rated accurately due to the fact that I use it for a sleep -aide. If I was rating it for taste, it would probably be around a 50%. However, the overall experience is...” Read full tasting note
    hiilesli 8 tasting notes
  • “This really mostly tastes of mint and chamomile. I wish the mint was stronger though, it tastes less-than-fresh to me? Maybe I'm just a mint snob! Not really noticing it making me any more...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 521 tasting notes

From Traditional Medicinals

Organic Nighty Night® addresses tenseness, irritability, nervous restlessness, and nervous stomach thus promoting nighttime relaxation.* The use of passionflower, hops and chamomile for restlessness and mild sleeping difficulties is supported by clinical data and by traditional use.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. (Above update by rmd)

Ingredients from back of tea bag envelope: Organic Valerian Root, Organic Passionflower Herb, Organic Lemon Balm Leaf, Organic Peppermint Leaf; Proprietary Blend: Organic Caraway Fruit, Organic Licorice Root. (By SJBP)

About Traditional Medicinals View company

In tonight’s steep-off chez sherapop, Traditional Medicinals Nighty Night is going sip to sip and sniff to sniff against Organic Nighty Night for Kids. They both appear to contain chamomile, hops, and mint, and a bunch of other “stuff” as well. From the scent of the dried tea, I’d surmise that the kid’s version does not contain valerian, while the grown-up version does. Why? Because it stinks just like valerian does!

To be honest, the only real difference I am finding is that the “For Kids” version is weaker, which makes sense, of course. Just as doses of over-the-counter medications for children are smaller, the “doses” of the soporific ingredients in this blend have been pared down.

This tastes fine, for what it is. There is a bit of a rootbeer or sarsaparilla flavor here, but overall, it smells and tastes a lot like one of the Yogi functional teas, which always contain something of a jumble of ingredients, many obscure. A lot of herbal action going on in such humble-looking filter bags. Nighty Night, too, is a functional tea, to be imbibed not for the pleasure of the brew but for the touted benefits.

We shall see shortly whether this homeopathic sleep remedy works or not…

Boiling 8 min or more

but due to a slight chill in the air and my perpetual slight dehydration due to marathon training, i actually drank 3 herbals last night :)

this one, i never finished the cup. and i could say that it was because i was too tired? but i think it was probably just because i didn’t really like it. it was just a sample and i don’t have any more, so not to worry.

my new new kindle? it’s on my doorstep right now! i can’t wait to go home and cuddle it. can’t! wait!

This tea, I believe, can not be rated accurately due to the fact that I use it for a sleep -aide. If I was rating it for taste, it would probably be around a 50%. However, the overall experience is much better. The aroma promotes relaxation and almost reminds me of eucalyptus or mint.

I have not yet been able to master a great sleepy time tea with loose leaf; therefore, this is the best bet.

Lesli

I don’t steep it as long as it suggests (10-15 minutes), because I like to drink at least two cups. Also, I enjoy adding eleutherococcus herbal supplement to assist in the ‘sedation’ effects. :)

This really mostly tastes of mint and chamomile. I wish the mint was stronger though, it tastes less-than-fresh to me? Maybe I’m just a mint snob!
Not really noticing it making me any more sleepy. In the future I think I’d pass this one up for just plain mint (it’d be cheaper).

perfect balance between the mint and chamomile earthy flavor

I drank too much caffeine today. In addition to the tea I had, there was also a tall Starbucks coffee. I am feeling so sensitive to the effects of caffeine lately and I know I need to do a better job of having less tomorrow.

This seemed like it would be a nice relaxing herbal. I have some plain passionflower tea, and it doesn’t taste like much. You get a lot of the spearmint and lemon verbena in this blend which boosts the flavor content a lot. Regardless, this isn’t something one would choose to drink for the taste alone, but hopefully it will help ratchet down my energy levels a notch or two. I might need another cup of this before I go to bed.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is fairly effective at relaxing you and helping you to sleep, but sometimes it just doesn’t work for me. I have found that Kava is more effective at relaxing me in general. This tea has a somewhat medicinal flavor and is not a tea I choose for how it tastes. I always have to add about 1/2 organic lemon so it is drinkable. I have had much stronger valerian teas in the past (but my cats try to drink those rigt out of my tea cup). I do follow the directions and steep it for the full 15 minutes.

Ingredients from the back of the teabag envelope: Organic Valerian Root, Organic Passionflower Herb, Organic Lemon Balm Leaf, Organic Peppermint Leaf; Proprietary Blend: Organic Caraway Fruit, Organic Licorice Root.

I am usually not a huge fan of herbal teas, their medicinal quality and usefulness aside I never drink them for pleasure…because usually they taste kinda gross. This tea was a pleasant surprise!

The taste is very mild and slightly sweet, not at all bitter or medicinal tasting. It had a very floral flavor and the subtle flavors of the tea are brought out with just a touch of honey.

The aroma is that of a summer field, very green and floral, not at all unpleasant.

The best part is it seems to be working, the tea claims to help relax you and help you sleep and I certainly feel relaxed and sleepy. A wonderful before bed tea!

One of the only things I have used that actually helped me sleep!

I have drank this several times after a looong night shift. It has a nice flavor, and is relaxing