Organic Throat Coat

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Chantra

From Traditional Medicinals

Organic Throat Coat is a complex and aromatic blend of herbal tastes-sweet, aromatic, earthy and viscous.

• Supports throat health
    Caffeine Free Herbal Tea
    16 wrapped tea bag
    Net WT 1.13 oz (32g)
    100% Organic

Box directions:
Pour 8oz of freshly boiled water over a tea bag in a cup. Cover up and steep 10 to 15 minutes.

Recommended Use:
Temporary relief of minor throat irritations.

Recommended Dose:
Adults: Drink 1 cup 4 to 6 times daily. Add honey to enhance benefits, especially in dry climates. Gargle before swallowing.

Medicinal Ingredients:
Each tea bag (2.0g) contains: organic licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 420 mg, organic wild cherry bark (Prunus serotina) 340 mg, organic bitter fennel fruit (Foeniculum vulgare) 300 mg, organic marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis) 120 mg, organic slippery elm bark (Ulmus rubra) 100 mg.

Non-medicinal Ingredients:
Organic cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum spp.), organic sweet orange peel (Citrus sinensis).

About Traditional Medicinals View company

I don’t know why but my throat was caving in on itself today. This was the only thing around at work without caffeine (forgot my stuff). Fortunadamente, it was just the right thing to leave around, eh? =)
The licorice and fennel dominated but some other things like the mallow gave it depth. It wasn’t very different from other cold/throat teas I can remember but I can name a few organic teas that sooth throats with better tastes (Bija’s teas are still my staple “cure-most” teas).

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

This stuff is a life saver when I have a sore throat. Add some local honey and I’m all set. Sometimes I mix it in with different herbal blends, depending on how crappy I feel.

One of my friends gave me several bags of this when I had laryngitis. While I am not usually a fan of fennel or licorice, I LOVED the way this tea soothed my throat. I always keep a box around and hand out teabags to friends when they are sick or suffering from a tired throat.

Also, if you are the sort that likes to make mixed drinks involving tea, this tea pairs perfectly with a shot of whiskey and a squeeze of lemon.

Throat Coat tea really works! I recommend brewing a cup the minute you feel a tingling in your throat. As someone who used to get a lot of sore throats, this tea has helped me fend off many before they got worse.

It’s not for everyone—some do not like the licorice taste, but I don’t mind.

Like all the Traditional Medicinals-I recommend steeping this one for at least 5 minutes.

Jillian

I usually steep this tea covered for a good 10-15.

Love the fennel and liquorish taste to this tea. It’s very sweet on it’s own and doesn’t need honey added to it. It’s been a life saver with my coughing from my upper respiratory infection. It seems to soothe it. I can get multiple steepings out of one bag.

The natural sweetness from the licorice root plays well off everything else. I hate licorice candy, but I love this tea. I never need to add sweetner. This tea is perfect just as it is, and gets better the longer it steeps.

This is the worst tea I have ever had. Definitely can tell that it coats your throat, which is fine, but it tastes like liquorish to me which is really nasty. Overpowering liquorish tea.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

This tea was originally recommended to me by a voice teacher when I started to have problems with my throat- for years, it was the only thing that would keep my throat condition under control. Perhaps I am unfairly biased as a result, but I have an abiding affection for this tea. It’s one of those things that doesn’t taste great if you’re not sick, but if you’ve got a bad cold/sore throat, it’s a lifesaver! I would recommend everyone have at least a bag or two of this in their tea cabinet, just because it’s such a great tea to have when you’re feeling under the weather. I usually steep it for 10-15 min (you can pretty much just leave it in the mug, because it’s a tisane and thus won’t go bitter) and add some honey for some extra throat coating. I don’t usually drink it for the taste, but the taste definitely isn’t bad, especially with some extra honey.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m a professional singer, and honestly, this stuff works! I drink this often during long rehearsals and before concerts.

Although anise is not my favorite (and the smell of it hits you full in the face when you first take it out of the box), the actual brewed taste is quite nice. I typically add some honey to both lower the anise taste a bit and to soothe my throat further.

8 min or more

Not a flavor everyone will love (very licoricey!), but gets a high rating for near-miraculous medicinal properties. When the throat hurts like hell, this really will soothe the pain.