Organic Throat Coat

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Chantra

From Traditional Medicinals

Organic Throat Coat is a complex and aromatic blend of herbal tastes-sweet, aromatic, earthy and viscous.

• Supports throat health
    Caffeine Free Herbal Tea
    16 wrapped tea bag
    Net WT 1.13 oz (32g)
    100% Organic

Box directions:
Pour 8oz of freshly boiled water over a tea bag in a cup. Cover up and steep 10 to 15 minutes.

Recommended Use:
Temporary relief of minor throat irritations.

Recommended Dose:
Adults: Drink 1 cup 4 to 6 times daily. Add honey to enhance benefits, especially in dry climates. Gargle before swallowing.

Medicinal Ingredients:
Each tea bag (2.0g) contains: organic licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 420 mg, organic wild cherry bark (Prunus serotina) 340 mg, organic bitter fennel fruit (Foeniculum vulgare) 300 mg, organic marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis) 120 mg, organic slippery elm bark (Ulmus rubra) 100 mg.

Non-medicinal Ingredients:
Organic cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum spp.), organic sweet orange peel (Citrus sinensis).

About Traditional Medicinals View company

Always makes me feel better when I feel a cold coming on. I always add honey and I don’t mind the flavor at all.

Lovely liquorice flavour, and soothes the throat. Overall a very nice tea, and really picked me up from this mild scratchy throat.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I’m about to brew my third cup of this today. Sore throat city! Should have taken better care of myself yesterday and not breathed in so much smoke while smoking the Thanksgiving turkey. I don’t mind the flavor, being a lover of licorice and anise, I just wish I could enjoy my other teas right now. The first cup definitely made my throat feel better, so at least it is doing the job!

The first time I purchased Throat Coat was when I had a terrible cold that was already well underway, meaning my taste buds were completely out of commission (I can’t taste a single thing when my sinuses are blocked). I steeped it exactly according to the directions on the box and had it several times a day. Thankfully, it really did help my throat feel better (the only thing that did!) and I really enjoyed it. It does seem to coat the throat and feels thicker than other teas. To my surprise, when my husband tasted it (before I took a sip of course, didn’t want to spread germs), he thought it was disgusting. He’s not much of a tea drinker though, so I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to drink it frequently. As soon as my nose unclogged enough for me to be able to taste AT ALL though, the extremely unpleasant flavor of this tea became immediately apparent and I couldn’t choke it down anymore. Thankfully by then my throat wasn’t hurting as badly. I still buy this tea if I have a really bad sore throat, but only if my nose is all plugged up as well! This is honestly one of the worst tasting teas I’ve ever tried, so I give it a 5 for flavor, but an 80 for how much it helps my sore throat.

Perfect to drink whenever your throat is feeling raw. The instructions say to steep it for fifteen minutes; it’s worth doing this if you have a really terrible throat, but I like to put a cover on top of the cup to try to keep it warm while it’s steeping. A thermos would be an even better idea.

Boiling 8 min or more

I simply love this tea when my throat is feeling sore! I dislike licorice but the flavor not overly strong

Boiling 8 min or more

Strangely sweet and quite effective with lots of honey. Tastes a lot better than cough syrup at least. I steep the whole 15 minutes, covered, and then usually forget to take the bag out.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

It works. I don’t love these flavors unless I have a sore throat, but it’ll fix you up good.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I wouldn’t drink this tea everyday, but when you have a terrible sore throat it is life saver. Be sure to follow the directions on the back and use some honey to increase the benefits. Using honey also made the taste easier to transition to, but now that I know what to expect, I wouldn’t feel like I absolutely had to use honey.

I bought this on a recommendation, because normally I use Echinacea Elder or Echinacea Plus and I wan’t something specifically for sore throats, not colds/respiratory issues, but ugh. Just ugh. I don’t mind a little bit of licorice in herbal teas (Pukka’s a good example), but this just tastes disgustingly of licorice. Luckily I do know people who like licorice, so I can offer it to them if ever they need it, but right now it’s just sitting in my cupboard collecting dust.