Organic Throat Coat

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Chantra

From Traditional Medicinals

Organic Throat Coat is a complex and aromatic blend of herbal tastes-sweet, aromatic, earthy and viscous.

• Supports throat health
    Caffeine Free Herbal Tea
    16 wrapped tea bag
    Net WT 1.13 oz (32g)
    100% Organic

Box directions:
Pour 8oz of freshly boiled water over a tea bag in a cup. Cover up and steep 10 to 15 minutes.

Recommended Use:
Temporary relief of minor throat irritations.

Recommended Dose:
Adults: Drink 1 cup 4 to 6 times daily. Add honey to enhance benefits, especially in dry climates. Gargle before swallowing.

Medicinal Ingredients:
Each tea bag (2.0g) contains: organic licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 420 mg, organic wild cherry bark (Prunus serotina) 340 mg, organic bitter fennel fruit (Foeniculum vulgare) 300 mg, organic marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis) 120 mg, organic slippery elm bark (Ulmus rubra) 100 mg.

Non-medicinal Ingredients:
Organic cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum spp.), organic sweet orange peel (Citrus sinensis).

About Traditional Medicinals View company

I wouldn’t drink this tea everyday, but when you have a terrible sore throat it is life saver. Be sure to follow the directions on the back and use some honey to increase the benefits. Using honey also made the taste easier to transition to, but now that I know what to expect, I wouldn’t feel like I absolutely had to use honey.

I bought this on a recommendation, because normally I use Echinacea Elder or Echinacea Plus and I wan’t something specifically for sore throats, not colds/respiratory issues, but ugh. Just ugh. I don’t mind a little bit of licorice in herbal teas (Pukka’s a good example), but this just tastes disgustingly of licorice. Luckily I do know people who like licorice, so I can offer it to them if ever they need it, but right now it’s just sitting in my cupboard collecting dust.

Boiling 8 min or more

Called “Throat Formula” in Canada, however it has the same ingredients (except they’re not all organic) and quantities. I can’t remember exactly how it tasted, but it wasn’t bad!

Boiling 8 min or more

Taste-wise, this isn’t my favorite tea. I’m not a huge fan of licorice or fennel.
But this tea really helps out my throat. I don’t know what’s in it that makes your throat feel actually coated and soothed, but it’s amazing. I add in agave to coat it even more. This tea is always in my cupboard, for myself and for friends who get the wintertime sore throat.

Ah Throat Coat. I’ve been drinking this stuff since I was a kid, and being prone to sore throats, I think it’s pure magic. It feels as though it has an herbal anesthetic quality, and it’s pleasantly thick and warm going down- especially with good honey. I love the flavor, and am usually in danger of running out before I’m even sick. Lots of good memories with this great tea.

This really has worked well for my sore throats. I brew a big cup, add a touch of honey, then proceed to the couch for some Oprah. This usually scares the sickness demons away

This tea, with a bit of honey, works wonderfully.

A personal favorite for soothing the voice pre-show. Love the natural sweetness and thick licorice aroma.

it works and I like the licorice-like sweetness

my favorite for bacterially-infested times…