Herbal Tea
Licorice
Edit tea info Last updated by sarpsvegkitchen

From Traditional Medicinals

EveryDay Detox® is an herbal tea used to promote healthy liver function.* The use of herbs in EveryDay Detox® for liver protection is supported by pharmacological data and traditional use. Both licorice root and schisandra fruit have demonstrated significant liver protective action in various test models. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), chicory root is used to remove heat from the liver, stimulate bile secretion, and promote digestion. Lycium fruit (aka gou qi zi or goji berry) acts to reinforce the liver and the kidney.*

About Traditional Medicinals View company

I picked this up at GNC the other day when I was there buying something else. I’m generally not a big believer in “detox” teas but I do find that dandelion root helps me a bit when I’m feeling bloated or like I’ve had too much to eat.

This is sort of an interesting combo, it has licorice and star anise in it along with chicory, schisandra and a lycium fruit. The box describes this as bitter and earthy and I would have to agree. It reminds me of a lemony licorice spice. I am not finding the flavor of this to be very enjoyable. It tastes more like medicine to me, but that’s the point I guess. It’s difficult to say whether it’s doing anything for my health but I guess it can’t hurt!

Kirkoneill1988

i think the linked one has more lemon taste

TeaBrat

I’ve had that one too. I actually liked it beetter than this one

Drinking this single bag someone sent me while back. Glad its just one, not my sort of thing. Too much woo. Doesn’t taste too bad, once I added some lemon, but not something I will buy.

Flavors: Licorice

Not the best tasting tea. I was hoping the lemon myrtle would dominate but it doesn’t. I think it’s the burdock coming through. Hope it helps with my allergies.

Boiling 8 min or more