Organic Green Tea with Ginger

Green Tea
Ginger, Green
Edit tea info Last updated by barmellin
200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 12 oz / 354 ml

From Traditional Medicinals

“Organic Green Tea with Ginger is Fair Trade Certified™ by Trans Fair USA. This organic green tea leaf is grown at the Ambootia Estate in Darjeeling, India, a producer of Fair Trade Certified™ organic and Biodynamic® teas since the early 1990s. The premium that we pay for this tea is given back to the Ambootia community to help fund the hiring of more teachers, school improvements and scholarships as well as landslide restoration and reforestation. Organic Green Tea with Ginger’s strong characteristic astringent taste of green tea is mellowed by blackberry leaf and spicy ginger.”

About Traditional Medicinals View company

I was wary about trying this tea because ginger and I do not play well together. Truth be told, I don’t care much for it. I went out for lunch with a friend yesterday and the selection of teas were limited. I saw the box sitting there for this one so I went for it. I really like green tea and was hoping that the ginger in it was going to be muted. To my pleasant surprise, the ginger was indeed very subtle and I was really happy about it. This made for a nice, smooth, calming, relaxing cup of tea as I chatted over an also very enjoyable vegetarian lunch.

Flavors: Ginger, Green

Kristal

I’m starting to really like Traditional Medicinals. They are pretty cheap and none of the ones I’ve had have any artificial flavourings + they are good to keep around when you are getting sick (like me right now…). I have a cold and flu sampler pack I got off of amazon that have 4 herbal teas and I recommend keeping those in stock if that’s your thing :)

teapartyfortwo

I couldn’t agree more with you Kristal! It’s very reasonably priced, readily available (I’ve bought it at the grocery store) and the quality of the flavour is decent. A winner in my book!

Kristal

Oh yes :). It just amazes me how their herbals teas have NO other flavourings. I know I mentioned artificial in the previous comment but even trying to find a bagged herbal tea without “natural” flavourings (whatever that means) is nearly impossible- but Traditional Medicinals you don’t get that :).

Mostly green but with a hint of ginger…good for people that are ginger-shy!