Organic Roasted Dandelion Root

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by gramarye1971
185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

From Traditional Medicinals

Dandelion root tea has shown “choleretic” effects, which means that it can stimulate the liver to increase bile flow. Once bile is released by the liver, its two main functions are to carry away waste and to break down fats during digestion. Dandelion’s beneficial effects on liver and biliary tract function have been proven in pharmacological studies. Dandelion root tea has a pleasant roasted taste, sweet and slightly bitter.

About Traditional Medicinals View company

This was the first tea I tried from Traditional Medicinals, and I really enjoyed it. The taste was unusual, but not unpleasant.

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

I’m quite fond of this tea. It has a rich earthy tone in my opinion. Opening the box and the first sip both remind me of running around in the front yard when I was little. I usually leave 1 or 2 teabags in about 18oz of boiled water and go about whatever else I’m doing…if I’m in a rush, 10 minutes later I drink it…but I have left it to steep for as long as 45 minutes without having it go bitter (and since I find most teas to be too bitter for me, it’s a nice thing to forget a cup and not suffer for it). I do tend to add a tbsp of local honey to enhance the flavor further.

8 min or more