Organic Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat

Herbal Tea
Lemon Zest, Licorice
Edit tea info Last updated by Laura

• “Strep totally, totally sucks. This has been helping a little, and it's been pretty much the only tea-like beverage I've come close to enjoying lately. Kick in, meds, kick in!” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 251 tasting notes
  • “No, I'm not sick again but people are coughing and sneezing all around me at the office so I'm trying to stay healthy here. Maybe this tea will kill off some germs. This is a pretty nice blend...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2422 tasting notes
  • “Guys.... I have a horrible sore throat.. and I'm not sure if it's from allergies or not.. I've never had them. So I'm drinking a lovely mug of this right now and it's helping so much. I love the...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 789 tasting notes
  • “I don't think anyone drinks this tea "for fun." It wouldn't help against something severe, like strep throat, but for a common cold or an annoying tickly throat feeling (such as the one I have...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 328 tasting notes

From Traditional Medicinals

Organic Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat® is a complex and aromatic blend of herbal tastes–sweet, lemony, and viscous with a characteristic tingle on your tongue from the alkylamides in echinacea, which is one of the important indicators of herb quality.

About Traditional Medicinals View company

Strep totally, totally sucks. This has been helping a little, and it’s been pretty much the only tea-like beverage I’ve come close to enjoying lately. Kick in, meds, kick in!

MissB

Oh, yuck! Their normal throat coat works well, or anything with licorice if you like licorice. Last time I had strep, gargling with salt water was the only thing that helped, and then finally some oil of oregano and grapefruit seed oil – the last two only because I have to avoid antibiotics due to a bad allergy. I hope you feel better really soon!

Veronica

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. I had strep back in December, and you’re right, it totally sucks.

TheTeaFairy

Oh no, strep is so awful! Feel better soon!

wheezybee

Thanks, everyone! I am feeling somewhat better, and the salt water has been helping. Still not up to teaching, but at least we’re past the part where I’m contagious.

No, I’m not sick again but people are coughing and sneezing all around me at the office so I’m trying to stay healthy here. Maybe this tea will kill off some germs.

This is a pretty nice blend if you like the taste of licorice. There’s a lemon note as well but the licorice is pretty overwhelming. Anyway I like it but I’m a licorice fan. It also smells nice. :)

Guys…. I have a horrible sore throat.. and I’m not sure if it’s from allergies or not.. I’ve never had them. So I’m drinking a lovely mug of this right now and it’s helping so much. I love the licorice in this herbal. Light lemony notes and a nice sweetness from the touch of honey I added.

I don’t think anyone drinks this tea “for fun.” It wouldn’t help against something severe, like strep throat, but for a common cold or an annoying tickly throat feeling (such as the one I have currently), this tea is at your service. It relieves the irritation for a little while. I’d rather drink tea than take pills, though, so I may be biased.

This one tastes MUCH better than TM’s regular Throat Coat (I much prefer lemon over cherry bark… the cherry reminds me too much of cough syrup. Trying to gulp down a steaming mug of Robitussin? No thanks) and adding echinacea is always a good idea, in my opinion.

Well, it seems I’m catching a cold, right on the tail end of my flu experience. Joy!

I added some (local, organic, unprocessed) honey like the box suggests and it’s REALLY sweet (and I didn’t even add that much honey either). Good thing I like sweet and this is almost even too sweet for me.

I don’t like this tea much for taste because of my feelings on licorice but I’ll brave it due to my scratchy throat. It’s better now than it was this morning, but it’s still very uncomfortable.

I really need to get more sleep, although I doubt I’ll get it because I need to clean the house before the catsitters arrive on Friday and leave for the airport at 4:30am on Friday morning. So much fun.

Boiling

WOW thats a lot of licorice! so sweet, but very nice for my sore throat.
lemon and echinacea are a super addition to the standard throat coat (plus an upped amount of licorice, again – WOW)
would be even more lovely with some honey :)

Boiling 8 min or more

I bought this tea because my throat has been itchy all evening and a friend of mine just came down with a flu, but I’m not sure if it’s a stomach virus or a real flu, and I’m an emetophobe, but I really don’t want either one anyway, so I’ve been dosing up on every herb in the house today (oregano oil, olive leaf, black walnut hull, echinacea and goldenseal, garlic, plus probiotics and ginger kombucha). The life of an emetophobe and hypochondriac is never dull. Anyway, on to the tea.

The licorice in this definitely ensures that you won’t want to add sugar. It’s almost too sweet for me, actually, but it almost has a cinnamon sweetness. There is, as other people have said, a sort of kick in the throat, but it’s not annoying and it doesn’t burn. I think that if my throat was actually sore, it might have a really nice effect on it. I kind of wish the earthy, root taste was a bit stronger in comparison to the licorice, and I don’t get very much lemon from it. I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing because it’s so flavorful already, but I prefer earthy and lemony to sweet and spicy. I don’t think I’d drink this just for the sake of having a cup of tea, because I’d prefer something more robust for that, but this is a surprisingly tasty tea, and I really love the ingredients.

Boiling 8 min or more

For a vocalist, throat health is vital. This relieves a sore throat like nothing else I’ve tried. It has a pretty strong, earthy but kind of sweet flavor, and tastes bitter when steeped too long. Once, when I let it get cold before I finished, it had a rather unpleasant taste.

The taste isn’t the greatest….but always suffering from dry and sore throat this is an absolute saver!!!

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Licorice

Boiling 8 min or more 7 OZ / 207 ML

The taste was something I wasn’t used to — not unpleasant but not what I was expecting. I added a touch of lemon and honey and it’s been helping soothe a mild sore throat.

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more