Organic Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat

Herbal Tea
Organic Cinnamon Pieces, Organic Echinacea, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Orange Peel
Anise, Cinnamon, Lemon, Lemongrass, Licorice, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Chi-Town Anglophile

• “Strep totally, totally sucks. This has been helping a little, and it’s been pretty much the only tea-like beverage I’ve come close to enjoying lately. Kick in, meds, kick in!” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 255 tasting notes
  • “No, I’m not sick again but people are coughing and sneezing all around me at the office so I’m trying to stay healthy here. Maybe this tea will kill off some germs. This is a pretty...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “Guys…. I have a horrible sore throat.. and I’m not sure if it’s from allergies or not.. I’ve never had them. So I’m drinking a lovely mug of this right now and...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 878 tasting notes
  • “I don’t think anyone drinks this tea “for fun.” It wouldn’t help against something severe, like strep throat, but for a common cold or an annoying tickly throat feeling...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 559 tasting notes

From Traditional Medicinals

Organic Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat® is a complex and aromatic blend of herbal tastes–sweet, lemony, and viscous with a characteristic tingle on your tongue from the alkylamides in echinacea, which is one of the important indicators of herb quality.

About Traditional Medicinals View company

I’ve had this tea for a while, but never had to drink it up until now. I caught a little bit of a cold- although it has not progressed beyond a bit of a sore throat since I caught it three days go. My husband has more a cough along with a sore throat, but not so much for me.

In terms of taste, this is a very strong licorice tea. I don’t care for the taste, but it does provide some relief. So weighing taste vs medicinal properties, I’ll rate this one a 65. It’s not one I drink “for fun”, but it helps when I need it.

Flavors: Anise, Licorice

That’s pretty much how I feel about all of Traditional Medicinals’ offerings

Makes sense, but I suppose their marketing is “medicine” and not “delicious tea”.

BTW, although I very, very, rarely drink tea with sweetener, this goes well with honey which helps provide even more relief.

The taste isn’t the greatest….but always suffering from dry and sore throat this is an absolute saver!!!

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Licorice

Boiling 8 min or more 7 OZ / 207 ML

The taste was something I wasn’t used to — not unpleasant but not what I was expecting. I added a touch of lemon and honey and it’s been helping soothe a mild sore throat.

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

This is my new go-to tea for sore throats. I get very bad sore throats sometimes and I’ve tried every remedy from lozenges to cough drops to concoctions known to make sore throats better and this one of the few things that really provides relief. The lemon is great because it has healing properties. Combine that with honey and you’ve got everything you need to get back to feeling good.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This shit is nasty and works really well. For illness or singing. Sure beats guzzling honey.

as a vocalist my throat does sometimes cut out at the end of a show! this always makes my throat get back to normal pretty much! Also has a nice little kick to it, leaves your throat with a tingle after every sip.

This is a great tea. The lemon puts a nice kick on the original throat coat which I enjoy on the regular flavor. It still carries the same root aroma/taste. If they made a bulk mix pack of the two, I would alternate between the two.