Herbal Tea
Clove, Elderflower, Ginger Root, Licorice Root, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Safflower Petals, Saigon Cinnamon
Anise, Bitter, Licorice, Mint

From Traditional Medicinals

Personality
Nurturing and warm.

Herbal Power
Warms your spirit, brings comfort on cold winter nights.

Reason to Love
Elder, yarrow and peppermint—the foundation of this tea—are a classic European blend of herbs used for centuries. We love the aroma of the pungent, minty steam that rises off this tea. Sip slowly and let your weary body be comforted by its warming properties. Fragrant and soothing, it’s one of those teas that just seems to say, “don’t worry, everything’s going to be all right.”

Taste
Fragrant, minty, slightly sweet and spicy.

Directions
Pour 8 oz. freshly boiled water over 1 tea bag.
Cover cup & Steep for 10-15 minutes.
Squeeze tea bag to ensure maximum goodness in your cup.
Enjoy 1-2 cups initially, then 1 cup every three hours. Especially good with honey!

Not to exceed 6 cups in a 24 hour period.

The elder flowers used in this tea are sustainably gathered by hand by collectors throughout the wild regions of Europe. The wild lands of these areas are pristine and tremendously beautiful, but the old way of life is endangered by young people migrating to cities. We work closely with our wild collector groups to help keep wild-collection a viable way of life as well as to develop sustainability programs that manage these important plant resources so they will be available for generations to come.

Ingredients: Organic European elder flower [PhEur], Organic yarrow flower [PhEur], Organic peppermint leaf [PhEur], Organic hyssop herb [BHP], Organic rose hip, Organic Saigon cinnamon bark, Organic ginger rhizome, Safflower petal, Organic clove flower bud, Organic licorice root dry aqueous extract

About Traditional Medicinals View company

This one’s not bad. Minty and “fresh” tasting, and good with honey.

Alas there shall not be more black tea tasting today. I’ve had two cups of throat coat and one of these as I don’t really know what will help, my glands feel swollen, my throat is sore and my allergies are flaring. This is soothing and reminds me of tea my mom used to make me. In fact my mom probably did make me this tea, I know she made me throat coat. Ah, that and Celestial Seasonings, how long ago it seems.

On an interesting note the neighbors came home with two huge Teavana bags. First time in I believe and she mentioned Dr. Oz. Later husband said he smelled Blueberry Bliss. I consulted with barista boy and he says they spend $250 and satiated my curiosity by listing the teas and merch. Fighting the urge to brew her better Tieguanyin than the Monkey Picked she bought, fighting it.

Kittenna

Ahahaha, snooping on the neighbor’s tea purchases?! Funny! Although admittedly now that I’m into tea I always want to know what people bought and what they like, etc. etc.

Also, hope you’re feeling better soon!

Sore throat getting worse D: I found this in my remedies collection so I thought I’d give it a shot. What’s that familiar taste? The flavor that makes me feel like I’m at the dentist…. GASP CLOVE D: nooooooooo

I have been drinking this and throat coat alternating between cups, It is kickin the icky feelings of a cold

After 7 cups of this, I can say it is definitely not working for me! Yesterday I added honey, and today I did the same plus lemon also… just gross. I’d put up with it if it was helping this cold any, but I don’t notice any improvement before, during, or after this tea :(

Coldcalm is definitely making a difference though. Would like to have my taste buds back soon so I can enjoy some more yummy teas!

Boiling 8 min or more

I have a collection of teas I only turn to when ill. This is one of those teas, and it seems to do the job. I drink about 3 or 4 cups within a couple hours when I start to feel a cold come on and it seems to help assuage the symptoms. That said, this is not a tea I drink other than when I am not feeling well. I think if I did, I would psych myself into thinking I’m sick…

Boiling 8 min or more

This has a strange color to it. It’s a dark red with a tinge of green around the edges. It reminds me of a potato that’s seen a little too much sun. It’s that sort of green. The aroma is strange too. There is a mintiness but also a bit of something else that I just can’t place. I’m sure this has licorice too because I think I’ve noticed that specific scent as well. There could be anise too. The taste is bitterness and mint. It’s odd.

I wasn’t feeling well yesterday so I packed a few of these wellness teas in my bag today in an attempt to fight off anything that might be making me feel ill. This isn’t something I would drink for pleasure, not at all, but maybe it will help with the lingering sickness.

Flavors: Anise, Bitter, Licorice, Mint

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

I ain’t drinking this one for fun…. Although surprisingly it tastes pretty good. It’s minty and full of warm spices, like an Italian Christmas cookie. I loaded it with honey because I desperately need this sore throat to pull a Meg Ryan and go into hiding.

It’s not bad. Like all Traditional Medicinal teas that I’ve had, it feels good going down. I hope it supplements the DayQuil. I was lucky enough to get sick on my days off, so hopefully today will be the worst of it.

Tastes like I’m drinking a raw mushroom. D:

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 12 OZ / 354 ML

I tried this the other day. I first made it for my husband (who doesn’t like tea, but was willing to try it medicinally) and he said it was gross. Well I didn’t believe him because he thinks all tea is gross so I made a cup for myself later, I think I brewed it with throat coat, and I found it bitter, I know it was this and not the throat coat because I had had that one earlier and it was fine. Did I brew it wrong or something? I don’t know, I followed the brew time directions. Anyways, I probably won’t drink it again unless someone can tell me what I did wrong. Even lemon infused honey couldn’t cut the bitterness.

carol who

I’ve usually had good luck with this one.

RandomlyFascinated

Hmm, how do you brew it?

carol who

I mostly made this before I got into tea very much. So I probably did it – gasp! – 2 min. microwave and 3-4 min. steep. I can’t be completely sure. I sweetened it with honey, that I remember!