Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mindala

From Traditional Medicinals

Gypsy Cold Care® is a comforting herbal tea indicated for temporary relief from stuffy nose and sinus passages. The active ingredient, menthol from peppermint leaf, helps decongest sinus passages and restores freer breathing through the nose. Gypsy Cold Care® is formulated to act as a nasal decongestant based on the traditional use of peppermint leaf to temporarily relieve nasal congestion due to the common cold. The herbs in this blend have a long history of human use stemming from traditional Greco-European herbal medicine. Today, peppermint is a widely used ingredient in food and medicine. Gypsy Cold Care’s nasal decongestant action is attributed to its natural menthol content. Peppermint leaf contains volatile oils composed primarily of menthol, its main active constituent. Menthol acts as a secretolytic, breaking down secretions in the bronchi, and as a decongestant in the nose. Oral ingestion and inhalation of menthol helps to relieve nasal and chest congestion. Contents: Active Ingredient: Menthol: 5 mg. per cup as it naturally occurs in peppermint leaf (Mentha x piperita). Other herbal ingredients: Rose hip, cinnamon bark, yarrow flower, ginger rhizome, safflower petal, elder flower, clove stem, hyssop herb, licorice root dry extract.

About Traditional Medicinals View company

This one’s not bad. Minty and “fresh” tasting, and good with honey.

Alas there shall not be more black tea tasting today. I’ve had two cups of throat coat and one of these as I don’t really know what will help, my glands feel swollen, my throat is sore and my allergies are flaring. This is soothing and reminds me of tea my mom used to make me. In fact my mom probably did make me this tea, I know she made me throat coat. Ah, that and Celestial Seasonings, how long ago it seems.

On an interesting note the neighbors came home with two huge Teavana bags. First time in I believe and she mentioned Dr. Oz. Later husband said he smelled Blueberry Bliss. I consulted with barista boy and he says they spend $250 and satiated my curiosity by listing the teas and merch. Fighting the urge to brew her better Tieguanyin than the Monkey Picked she bought, fighting it.

Kittenna

Ahahaha, snooping on the neighbor’s tea purchases?! Funny! Although admittedly now that I’m into tea I always want to know what people bought and what they like, etc. etc.

Also, hope you’re feeling better soon!

Sore throat getting worse D: I found this in my remedies collection so I thought I’d give it a shot. What’s that familiar taste? The flavor that makes me feel like I’m at the dentist…. GASP CLOVE D: nooooooooo

I have been drinking this and throat coat alternating between cups, It is kickin the icky feelings of a cold

After 7 cups of this, I can say it is definitely not working for me! Yesterday I added honey, and today I did the same plus lemon also… just gross. I’d put up with it if it was helping this cold any, but I don’t notice any improvement before, during, or after this tea :(

Coldcalm is definitely making a difference though. Would like to have my taste buds back soon so I can enjoy some more yummy teas!

Boiling 8 min or more

I have a collection of teas I only turn to when ill. This is one of those teas, and it seems to do the job. I drink about 3 or 4 cups within a couple hours when I start to feel a cold come on and it seems to help assuage the symptoms. That said, this is not a tea I drink other than when I am not feeling well. I think if I did, I would psych myself into thinking I’m sick…

Boiling 8 min or more

I tried this the other day. I first made it for my husband (who doesn’t like tea, but was willing to try it medicinally) and he said it was gross. Well I didn’t believe him because he thinks all tea is gross so I made a cup for myself later, I think I brewed it with throat coat, and I found it bitter, I know it was this and not the throat coat because I had had that one earlier and it was fine. Did I brew it wrong or something? I don’t know, I followed the brew time directions. Anyways, I probably won’t drink it again unless someone can tell me what I did wrong. Even lemon infused honey couldn’t cut the bitterness.

carol who

I’ve usually had good luck with this one.

RandomlyFascinated

Hmm, how do you brew it?

carol who

I mostly made this before I got into tea very much. So I probably did it – gasp! – 2 min. microwave and 3-4 min. steep. I can’t be completely sure. I sweetened it with honey, that I remember!

I enjoy this earthy sweet flavor. Hopefully it will help fend off this oncoming cold!

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more
debrajo

Hi Wonder Kitty – we just opened our online store with Genuinely Bahamian Teas if you are interested…
www.GenuinelyBahamianUS.com
Thanks!! I am their marketing manager!

The effectiveness of this tea against colds, I can’t confirm, but it certainly tastes better than any cold medicine I’ve ever had! In the bag, I smell peppermint, some cinnamon. I was wary of the long steeping time (medicinal teas and their tendency to turn bitter) but oh, it is so worth it in this case. Steep it a long time, you’ll get a beautiful dark amber tea with a reminiscent of peppermint sarsaparilla, sweet but not cloying. A wonderful way to shake off a cold evening by the fire.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

I’m really happy with this one! When you’re drinking it, you can taste the peppermint and almost like a chai flavor. After that though, you can feel that chilling sensation on your throat. I love that you don’t have to taste the Menthol while you’re drinking it, only after. I had been a fan of the Breathe Easy by Traditional, but now this one’s my favorite.