Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Squee

• “I get much more sweet than bitter from this, but I do get a little astringent feeling on the tip of the tongue, like I licked a reed. I'm not drinking it for pleasure and yet it is pleasurable. ...” Read full tasting note
    autumn hearth 300 tasting notes
  • “I'm almost out of my medicinal Bronc-Aid tea (which really isn't so bad though I don't think I'd ever drink it for fun) so I figured I'd pick some of this up as a replacement since it was available...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “A favorite tea for colds so far. I like how this one has such a sweet aftertaste. When I saw "breathe easy", I automatically thought bitter, sharp flavors to open up sinuses. But this one did...” Read full tasting note
    katherineb 12 tasting notes
  • “I got this tea on the recommendation of another Steepster after I reviewed Yogi's Breathe Deep tea, and as such I cannot help but compare the two. I found this tea to be all right, but frankly a...” Read full tasting note
    Squee 20 tasting notes

From Traditional Medicinals

Breathe Easy is a complex and aromatic blend of herbal tastes – spicy-aromatic and cooling, somewhat bitter and astringent, and slightly sweet.

About Traditional Medicinals View company

I get much more sweet than bitter from this, but I do get a little astringent feeling on the tip of the tongue, like I licked a reed. I’m not drinking it for pleasure and yet it is pleasurable. I’m sure it helps that I like licorice root. This, Throat Coat and Gypsy Cold Care all taste very similar to me, but Throat Coat is thicker and smoother and Gypsy Cold is more flowery (yet not floral like jasmine or orchid, more like chamomile) and this is more herbaceous, but they all have the same spice and licorice. We’ll see how it helps.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I’m almost out of my medicinal Bronc-Aid tea (which really isn’t so bad though I don’t think I’d ever drink it for fun) so I figured I’d pick some of this up as a replacement since it was available and the store I was at had no Bronc-Aid.

Can’t say I’m wild about this. It’s not bad (though, okay, the first sip I did make a face – there was some sort of bitter end note that flashed by and thankfully didn’t repeat in later sips) but I wouldn’t go so far as to say that this is good.

Licorice is the strongest taste and that makes it not so bad since it adds some sweetness to the tea. But it’s pretty much the only flavor in the aftertaste and it’s pretty cloying after a few minutes. I’m getting pretty tired of it. Tea (or even not-tea) doesn’t usually leave me with the urge to chew gum unless I use sugar and milk in it.

Aside from licorice, there’s a bit of herbal-ly green darkness to it that is probably the peppermint and eucalyptus but it isn’t strong enough to come across as mentholated or whooshy (which I was kind of hoping for). My mouth does feel a bit cooler, so perhaps that is the mint and eucalyptus in action. Still, could have used more in the flavor.

Honestly? Not all that tasty. It’s kind of bland and flat and I really wish the flavor wasn’t licorice so dominated. At the same time, the sweetness from the licorice (and the way that seems to coat my mouth) is probably the only reason I didn’t keep making faces as I sipped.

I think I’ll see if my mom wants to share this box with me so I can get rid of it a bit faster. I’ll either go back to my cat-urine-smelling-but-not-bad-tasting Bronc-Aid or try the Yogi Teas lung-ular focused not-tea.

A favorite tea for colds so far.

I like how this one has such a sweet aftertaste. When I saw “breathe easy”, I automatically thought bitter, sharp flavors to open up sinuses. But this one did the trick without that, so I was happy about that:) The only thng I wasn’t a fan of was how it eventually tastes sort of bland…even though it is sweet, it’s very light and there’s not much to it than that. Overall though, I’ll enjoy the box I have but probably won’t reorder.

I got this tea on the recommendation of another Steepster after I reviewed Yogi’s Breathe Deep tea, and as such I cannot help but compare the two.

I found this tea to be all right, but frankly a bit bland, especially after drinking the Breathe Deep. It also has a slight but noticeable bitter undertaste to it. The packaging recommended adding honey, which did eliminate the odd undertaste and make the tea smoother and a little richer. While Breathe Deep has a very strong licorice and eucalyptus flavor and smell, Breathe Easy is much, much lighter on both.

I did not notice the almost immediate easing of my tightened airways with Breathe Easy that I noticed with the Breathe Deep, though I think it did help some.

Ultimately, although this is an okay tea, I won’t be buying any more because I like the Breathe Deep so much better. However, for those who don’t like the strong flavoring in the Breathe Deep, Breathe Easy may be a good choice. It’s not bad; it’s just not, well, my cup of tea.

Boiling

My kids were raised on Traditional Medicinal teas, & all 4 of them (ages 21, 25, 28, & 31) still drink them, when needed. They aren’t always the best tasting, but are definitely not the worst tasting either, & really, they go down pretty easy.

I’m drinking this as a sipdown, because really, who knows how long this one has been in my cupboard? I’m the only one that drinks this respiratory blend, as I have a history of Chronic respiratory problems, but I haven’t had to drink it in a few years, ever since I removed the gluten & other grains from my diet, & started eating meat again. All of my autoimmune issues miraculously disappeared, along with the constant bronchial infections, low blood sugar, & some other things. Anyway, the most recognizable active ingredient here, which also makes it taste good (to my tastebuds) is licorice root! There’s also a mix of chinese herbs & eucalyptus.

sherapop

I find that the Traditional Medicinal teas do have a decent shelf life, since the envelopes are hermetically sealed…

This tea is super licorice-rich – which makes sense. Licorice root is traditionally used as cough suppressant and for upper respiratory infections. I wouldn’t say that this tea is the most indulgent of flavours, but it is without a doubt effective at taming a lion-filled chest. A dear friend of mine was sick in the hospital with pneumonia, and I gave him this tea to use during his time there. Needless to say, he had rave reviews for the tea, and I’m passing them on to you. Worth a try when your lungs need some soothing magic.

This is not supposed to taste good, but is rather pleasing. Taste Medicinal (Which isn’t surprising) but wasn’t hard to drink at all. Hard to tell if its helping, but we will know in time.

Boiling 8 min or more

I just took this for my headache and it helped a bit. I liked the taste of the licorice but I’ve taken it before with honey and at a much higher temperature (this time it was only warm) for the flu and colds and it was great (then again-I might have been too tired and sick to taste anything). Get someone to make it for you if you can.

8 min or more

all out of throat coat so the liquorice content in this will suffice!
really does work though, for suppressing coughs

Boiling 8 min or more

I was having some breathing problems, so I thought that I would pick up a tea that would help with my breathing. I wasn’t sure what to get, but luckily, I ran into this stuff at my grocery store. It was cheap and tasty, but I can’t gage whether or not it actually works.

Either way, the blend of ingredients is great as its own tea, as the licorice and other ingredients make a tasty, fruity and generally powerful tea. It’s very present and very powerful in flavor.