Organic Chamomile with Lavender

Flowers
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Sometimes lavender is too much for me in tea, but I don't actually mind it here. Today is the second afternoon I've had a headache and I am starting to wonder if I need to cut back on my caffeine...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2174 tasting notes
  • “*wave* Sorry I haven't been around lately everyone. I do miss it around here. I have a grumpy tummy so I thought this might do the trick. I used to rely on mint teas the most, but I have stopped...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 521 tasting notes
  • “The flavor of this is magical. I love that I can taste both flavors equally. The sweetness of the lavender compliments the apple/floral of the chamomile. It's perfect. And now I'm off to sleep!...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes
  • “I thought I had 2 bags of this but apparently I only have one (rec'd in a swap-bot swap). So I guess I'm making it half strength. Still, 1 bag (1.5 grams) steeped in 8oz boiling water for 10 min...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2280 tasting notes

From Traditional Medicinals

pour 8 oz boiling water over 2 tea bags. cover and steep 10 min.

eases tension, stress, and nervous stomach

About Traditional Medicinals View company

Sometimes lavender is too much for me in tea, but I don’t actually mind it here. Today is the second afternoon I’ve had a headache and I am starting to wonder if I need to cut back on my caffeine consumption. I was trying to make it through the late afternoon without any but I was practically falling asleep.

Anyway lavender is supposed to be good for headaches, maybe this will help. :-/

CHAroma

Sometimes you can get headaches from not drinking enough caffeine if you’ve been having a lot lately. Like withdrawal headaches. It happens to my fiance periodically.

Bonnie

Too true, even if your headaches are small migraines caffeine would be good for it!
Could your headaches be allergies? I’m allergic to rooibos. I’d cut out herbals first if you’ve been drinking more than usual. I’M not a know it all but I am allergic to a host of things.

TeaBrat

I definitely think the headaches are related to days when I drink too much caffeine. I can’t remember a day in recent memory when I haven’t had enough. :-P I do have allergies, Bonnie. I take Zyrtec almost every day at this time of year and it seems to help.

wave Sorry I haven’t been around lately everyone. I do miss it around here. I have a grumpy tummy so I thought this might do the trick. I used to rely on mint teas the most, but I have stopped favoring it lately. This tea smells and tastes mainly of lavender, not chamomile. This one is very soothing and great for nighttime.

The flavor of this is magical. I love that I can taste both flavors equally. The sweetness of the lavender compliments the apple/floral of the chamomile. It’s perfect. And now I’m off to sleep! Sweet dreams Steepster!!

I thought I had 2 bags of this but apparently I only have one (rec’d in a swap-bot swap). So I guess I’m making it half strength. Still, 1 bag (1.5 grams) steeped in 8oz boiling water for 10 min looks and smells pretty strong.

To be honest the flavor is a bit watery but of course that’s my fault – I didn’t want a 4oz cup of tea. I’m not going to rate it since I didn’t prepare it properly. Suffice to say, it is exactly what it advertises to be – chamomile and lavender. It tastes very “clean” and I do find the scent relaxing.

Boiling 8 min or more

Oh, this is dreamy. What a great combination! Very soothing and lovely. Probably the best chamomile blend i’ve tried thus far; i think i’m finally zeroing in on how i like my chamomile.

I was introduced to this tea about a year ago and I absolutely love it! It is a great way to unwind and ease into the evening. The flavors are very complimentary to each other, neither one being too overpowering.

I was surprised to read that Traditional Medicinals recommends infusing two filterbags of Organic Chamomile with Lavender in 8 ounces of water. Wow! That’s a lot of lavender. I say this because I infused only one bag and it was very strongly redolent of lavender, so much so that I could barely detect the chamomile.

This is definitely a high-quality infusion, but I would recommend it to people looking specifically for lavender. The benefits of chamomile are here in nearly the same abundance as in the plain Organic Chamomile: here 1200mg; there 1300mg. So this makes it all the more surprising that two bags should be prescribed. Wait a minute! I see: they are giving the assay for a two-bag serving, which contains 1200mg chamomile and 1800mg of “proprietary blend”, which includes both lavender and lemon balm. This means that a single filterbag packs 3000/2 = 1500mg of goodness, 900mg of which is lavender and lemon balm, so quite a bit less chamomile than the Organic Chamomile filterbag (at 1300mg).

Well, for me, one bag definitely suffices. The liquor is darker golden colored than the straight-up chamomile, and the flavor is all BLUE! Doubling up the dose would just make the taste darker blue, verging on PURPLE! I detected wafts of soapiness, but that may have been my association of lavender with soap and other bath products…

Flavors: Flowers

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 30 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I prefer loose leaf tea, but this isn’t bad when I’m out :-)
The directions say to steep for 10-15 minutes but I think that’s a little long.
I normally steep for 3 and it comes out just fine.