Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Pureleaf

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This tea is definitely different, but its also very good! The liquid is sour at first, with a dry bitterness. Hold on though, it quickly changes into a sweet roasted corn flavor. This taste...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 135 tasting notes

From Traditions/Good Young Co.

Product description not available yet.

About Traditions/Good Young Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea is definitely different, but its also very good!

The liquid is sour at first, with a dry bitterness. Hold on though, it quickly changes into a sweet roasted corn flavor. This taste lingers for quite awhile. There are some similarities at first to Genmaicha, but you certainly can taste the difference of the roasted barley in this one (verses the rice).

Honestly, it reminds me a lot of Honey Smacks once you get past the first bite of sharpness of the sip. There is a lot of sweetness in this tea. No question – its worth trying!

Edit:

I forgot to add, that there is a small amount of black tea that is added to this Barley Tea. Just enough to blend a little extra goodness. I’m not sure what type of Black tea since the Barley is the dominant flavor. I will have to keep trying this one a few times, to possibly pick up more of the added black tea characteristics.

gmathis

I’ll be on the hunt for this. (What color is the box, if you don’t mind? My favorite strawberry black is in a red-and-white box you can’t miss on the shelf.)

Pureleaf

The box is covered with golden colored barley grains, as well as a white plain teacup and saucer filled with tea on the front left-hand side of the box. I’ll keep looking for a picture to add so that you can have a better visual. I wasn’t successful the first time around on finding one. Now tell me about this strawberry black in the red-and-white box that you like so well. :)

Pureleaf

Oh wow, I’ve seen this one around. I will definitely have to try it! Thanks for the heads up on that tea. Sounds delish!