Oolong Tea
Dry Grass, Flowers, Grass, Hay, Mineral
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Callipygian

• “Whoa, this is a surprisingly decent Thai Oolong tea for the price. I picked up a box of 20 individually wrapped tea bags for $1.89, on sale at 99 Ranch Market. In the past, when I've purchased...” Read full tasting note
    callipygian 22 tasting notes

From Traditions/Good Young Co.

*Semi-fermented oolong tea

*Tea leaves are shaped as tightly packed balls.

*Golden and bright yellow tea liquor.

*Mellow and sweet taste

*Full body with the natural fragrance.

About Traditions/Good Young Co. View company

Whoa, this is a surprisingly decent Thai Oolong tea for the price.

I picked up a box of 20 individually wrapped tea bags for $1.89, on sale at 99 Ranch Market. In the past, when I’ve purchased tea for this cheap, it’s been pretty awful, but I’m so glad I tried again. This tea is totally decent! For the super cheap price, I’d even say it’s excellent.

I poured the contents of two tea-bags into my strainer basket, and brewed a delicious cup, followed by 2 re-steeps.

The flavor is similar to much more expensive Thai oolong teas I’ve recently enjoyed from Steepster Select, although maybe not quite as complex. I enjoy the mineral, floral, and grassy notes, as well as the natural sweetness I expect from Oolong teas from Thailand.

The tea has a few stems, but is mostly tightly rolled leaves. During the second brewing, the whole tea leaves unfurled beautifully.

I’m going back to 99 Ranch to buy another box (or 3) of this awesome deal.

Flavors: Dry Grass, Flowers, Grass, Hay, Mineral