2005 Menghai Yellow Label Shou - Puerh

Camphor, Earth, Peat Moss, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Brett
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 10 g 10 oz / 295 ml

From Tribute Tea Company

Yellow Label Ripe Puer comes from Menghai Tea Factory, one of the oldest and most famous in China. Menghai is known to have pioneered the process of producing “ripe” puerh (also called shu, or shou). This process was introduced to quickly induce fermentation to meet rising demand for aged Puerh leaves. The result is a tea that has a roasted, earthy aroma, with a mellow and balanced bitterness. Robust, smoky notes of peat moss and oak are finished with a silky caramel aftertaste…

Notes: peat moss, oak, caramel

Infusion: 200ºF / 93ºC for 30 seconds

About Tribute Tea Company View company

Grabbing this one to wind down with. I grabbed 10 grams of this for the yixing gave it a rinse and let it sit a bit before brewing.
This one has a deep dark color to it, The aroma I get is peat moss or earth. I gave about a 10 second brew when I started. It has settled nicely. Wood, peat moss, camphor and earth are the notes I get. It is very similar to some older humidly stored shengs I have had.
It’s an earthy and full bodied on to drink. Very rich mouthfeel.

Flavors: Camphor, Earth, Peat Moss, Wood

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 10 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

never had a peat moss shou yet :/

How long have you been storing it?

@Cwyn I have had this about 90 days or so in with the others.

I’ve been sipping this one over the late afternoon. I got a sample with my Tribute Tea order. Looking in the envelope, I found 2 dense chunks, each about 7.5 grams, looking like chunks of dark chocolate. I used one of them.
It’s one of those woodsy, aged forest floor kind of teas, kind of musty, with a taste of cedar, tobacco, peat, & leather, and a little smoke. It has a strong kind of savory & peppery quality, with a sweet after-taste, & it tickles my sinuses! I’m not sure how many steeps I’ve had, but I suspect I can have quite a few more.
I’ll have to drink them later, it’s time to go to Taichi class.

You make me want all the teas. LOL