2005 Menghai Yellow Label Shou - Puerh

Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Brett

1 Tasting Note View all

From Tribute Tea Company

Yellow Label Ripe Puer comes from Menghai Tea Factory, one of the oldest and most famous in China. Menghai is known to have pioneered the process of producing “ripe” puerh (also called shu, or shou). This process was introduced to quickly induce fermentation to meet rising demand for aged Puerh leaves. The result is a tea that has a roasted, earthy aroma, with a mellow and balanced bitterness. Robust, smoky notes of peat moss and oak are finished with a silky caramel aftertaste…

Notes: peat moss, oak, caramel

Infusion: 200ºF / 93ºC for 30 seconds

About Tribute Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve been sipping this one over the late afternoon. I got a sample with my Tribute Tea order. Looking in the envelope, I found 2 dense chunks, each about 7.5 grams, looking like chunks of dark chocolate. I used one of them.
It’s one of those woodsy, aged forest floor kind of teas, kind of musty, with a taste of cedar, tobacco, peat, & leather, and a little smoke. It has a strong kind of savory & peppery quality, with a sweet after-taste, & it tickles my sinuses! I’m not sure how many steeps I’ve had, but I suspect I can have quite a few more.
I’ll have to drink them later, it’s time to go to Taichi class.

Sarsonator

You make me want all the teas. LOL