White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by unfeasible

From Tropical Tea Company

Product description not available yet.

About Tropical Tea Company View company

Another tea I’ve had and forgot to review. I did brew it up a bit longer than I normally do. Normally I only leave it for a minute, so it’s a bit stronger. I think I prefer it this way though. It’s much easier to discern different flavors. There is a peppery, hay like taste in here. It sounds bad put that way but this is pleasant. I feel like the hay was stacked near some flowers but I can’t put my finger on what sort. It’s hard for me to label this as vegetal since I feel it’s too dry for that. I have also found a fruity like sweetness in here. Not a bad tea but I think I like black teas better for now.

Azzrian

Peppery Hay sounds good to me! I have not found too many Tropical Teas I care for though other than Blue Mango. I like that one iced.

Missy

I have to say Teavivre’s Bai Mu Dan is better quality and more interesting. Right now, Tropical Teas has one tea that I haven’t found replacement for, or even a better tea. Their vanilla green is quite yummy.

I’m confused. This is really vegetal, and I think I used too many leaves because my brew was rather dark. I don’t have a scale to try and get precise, so I used three super heaping Perfect Tea Teaspoons. It’s not black tea dark, but really deeply golden. I like this, but I just don’t understand it. Part of this could be because I’ve been drinking super aggressive teas all day and I’ve now just thrown my mouth a wacky curve ball. I think he’s scared and angry. He gets like that when he gets confused.

I’m not even sure where I am right now.

Azzrian

You are here -→ [ ]

Blake

Phew…well that certainly is a load off.

Angrboda

In my experience this type of tea generally brews up fairly dark.

So, today’s taste-off… Pai mu tan! Wait wait… maybe it’s a white peony… no… it’s a bai mu dan. No…

What’s with the AKAs, you know?

This tea is soft and sweet and pleasant, with a grassy/cucumber taste to the sip. There’s an astringent, dry feeling towards the end that ends with a kind of lingering, crisp pepper-y-ness flavor.

I’m not a huge fan of unflavored white tea, as it tends to be a little more… delicate than I think I truly appreciate at this point. It’s good, it tastes good, but it’s not quite the tea I want to drink, you know?

This was a trial against Teavivre’s White Peony, the non-organic version that they so graciously included with my order. The Teavivre version won by a slight margin. Though, we are only comparing first steepings, and Missy pointed out that the leaves from Teavivre look like they’ve barely warmed up. They probably have a good two or three steepings left to them.

This is my first pure white tea I am trying. I have had Pia Mu Tan before, however with pomegranate oil, which somehow reminded me of some non-sugary clear soda. But this isn’t a review about Pomegranate Pai Mu Tan.

I am doing this gong fu style, that makes me sound so badass, so I will try multiple infusions.

First impression, clean, light, nutty, and slightly sweet. I can definitely see this as a good tea to relax with in the evening when the day is winding down.

On an interesting note, I just looked at the Tropical Tea Company packaging and apparently I have Pia Mu Tan, not Pai Mu Tan, I wonder what the difference would be in Chinese. Haha. Also I think it is good to bring up that I have needed to replace the ziploc tea pouches for all of the tea I have bought from Tropical Tea Company, since it is weird, every time I open the package, half of the ziploc seal comes away from the bag, so I can’t reseal the bag. Did anyone else have this issue?

This was so light and refreshing! I sweetened it a little, but it was just enough to bring out some slight fruity flavors. I love white teas; they’re so light, and this Pai Mu Tan from Tropical Tea Company is no exception. I could drink this all day.