Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “So apparently, when i get things in my head, i inadvertently just kind of go for it. Lamost down to 170 teas today after adding my weekend splurge to my cupboard. Not that i'll hit 150 but...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “0 for 2 on tweed and hickory, you guys. I guess I'm not grown up enough to appreciate bitter. Thank goodness I didn't do 4-5 minutes like the tea fairy suggested. I stopped at 3. Are all Tweed &...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 223 tasting notes

From tweed and hickory

Country of Origin: Sri Lanka
Region: Nuwara Eliya, Dimbula or Uva districts
Shipping Port: Colombo
Grade: OP (Orange Pekoe)
Altitude: 4800 – 7600 feet above sea level
Manufacturer Type: Orthodox
Cup Characteristics: Think of the scent of a freshly peeled banana. Now picture that combined with an astringent Ceylon tea. Fantastic over ice.
Infusions: Bright and Coppery
Ingredients: Luxury black tea, Freeze-dried banana, Natural dried banana, Calendula + sunflower petals, Natural flavors.

About tweed and hickory View company

So apparently, when i get things in my head, i inadvertently just kind of go for it. Lamost down to 170 teas today after adding my weekend splurge to my cupboard. Not that i’ll hit 150 but apparently my brain is in sipdown mode when choosing teas haha

This is another from my dear teafairy, which will also be shared with terri along with all of the lovely notes on each of the teas so that she can enjoy the comments from the teafairy as well :) This is actually a really lovely banana tea. It’s really subtle, which i’m coming to see is the name of the game with Tweed & Hickory, but that’s fine by me. I like teas that make me pay attention to them :) This is similar to Foxy Roxy but also not. I am really digging the banana flavour of this one..thank you for sharing madam!

Bianca G.

ohh, I’m always on the look out for banana teas. i’ll have to add this one to my list to try.

It’s a subtle banana, not in your face…

0 for 2 on tweed and hickory, you guys. I guess I’m not grown up enough to appreciate bitter. Thank goodness I didn’t do 4-5 minutes like the tea fairy suggested. I stopped at 3. Are all Tweed & Hickory teas Sri Lankan? Both the ones I got from TheTeaFairy were. But I’m not one to generalize.

I wish I could love this. Half the people at our “food factory” are Sri Lankan (the other half are from Hong Kong), they probably would not be proud of me right now.

Thank you to TheTeaFairy for this sample. I have a feeling you thought I would be way better at tea than I actually am. I have all these grown up teas… Sorry. No go on this one! But thanks, now I am no longer curious about Tweed & Hickory. I think for a while I’ll stick to what I know: the beaten path :)

I must look up the definition of delicate one day. Maybe it means barely there. Or maybe “now you see me, now you don’t”. I’m referring to banana in here. it’s too bitter for me to dig around and find it.

I was trying to avoid going out to get a burger and fries. This is not helping.

TheTeaFairy

Hahaha! Hurry, go for the burger for god’s sake!!! It’s so funny, I though it was a mild tea!!! It’s not you, probably my fault with my habit of over steeping everything!