Weekend in Istanbul

Black Green White Blend
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by AJ

From TWG Tea Company

This exquisite TWG Tea mélange of green tea, black tea and white tea perfectly unites the spicy flavours of an array of gingers and the sweetness of juicy orchard fruits.

About TWG Tea Company View company

After reading the description, I’m not sure why I chose this tea. I do like ginger. Maybe it was the combo of different types of teas? Maybe I’ll never know what I was thinking. I ended up steeping it at a low temp for a short period to avoid bitterness from the green and white tea, but not all of the leaves uncurled.

The ginger is odd here! Usually I find ginger to be a very bright high flavor, but it has a lot of depth to it here. My brain first thinks smokey and then I realize there is no smoke flavor. Adding sugar makes the ginger a little more crisp, but doesn’t do anything other than that. Cream really doesn’t add to it either. I get a hint of a hearty black tea that I didn’t taste before. It isn’t a bad tea, it just isn’t meeting my ever rising bar of expectations. I might try it cold steeped before I totally give up on it.

Overall, Istanbul is kind of boring. I think I might spend my weekends elsewhere.

• edit * Second steeping at 195 for 3min is better. Ginger seems a little perkier. Still not wowing me.

Mildly spicey , floral.

Flavors: Flowers

nice spicey change.

Nice flavour. I have to admit that I’m going to experiment a little because I used it in my new Cuisinart PerfecTemp tea maker. I can taste the ginger, but it doesn’t dominate the tea.