Green Tea
Pineapple
Edit tea info Last updated by Dustin

From TWG Tea Company

A beckoning blend of the finest harvest green tea and rare ginseng root is crowned with alluring and unforgettable notes of succulent royal pineapple. An exceptional tea to pursue to the ends of the earth.

About TWG Tea Company View company

I got some of this tea from MissB and was a little hesitant based on the reviews, but I did see that it might be best cold brewed (my plan with it anyway, since it is a green). I also took a couple big hunks of ginseng root out of the infuser, since I’m not huge on ginseng.

This was definitely really pinappley. Unfortunately, it was kind of fakey and candy-like, and not in a good way. It was drinkable, but not my fave. Glad I cold-steeped it though, it seems like the best method.

Thanks, MissB and OMGsrsly, for sending this my way!

This tea is a funny one. The dry leaf smells pleasantly fruity, but after I steeped it I had to double check that I hadn’t yet opened my can of tuna fish. It wasn’t the nicest wet leaf smell, although it was a moot point after I dug into lunch. Canned tuna wins yet another battle in the olfactory wars!

Once I got over the smell, the flavour is pretty straightforward: preserved and sweetened pineapple pieces. I can appreciate that.

Flavors: Pineapple

1916 tasting notes

Thanks for the tea, MissB!

Unfortunately, it just doesn’t smell good when steeped up. IDK what it is about it, but I keep getting wafts from the cup and wrinkling my nose wondering what smells so bad, since I’m bagging up all these French teas and they smell so good!

I think I know what the problem is though. It’s just lost all the pineapple flavour. It’s just a basic sencha base, which isn’t really my favourite kind of tea.

Well, thanks for the sample MissB, but if I want the full experience, I think I’ll need to go into the TWG store here and get a cup to go. :)

Thank you MissB for sharing! This is an alright cup. I am a fan of pineapple and that is certainly present here. There is also another flavor, which I am guessing is the ginseng that is sort of just there and neither adds or detracts from the cup. At the end of the day though, this is on a green base and I’m just not a lover of of green teas. Still, it’s always fun to try something new.

another from missB this one has pineapple in it…and as result, was a much tastier option for me versus paris singapore but still just wasn’t cutting it for me. LIkely the result of the “green” of the tea. I’m fairly particular about my green teas…most are not up my alley. Still though, for people who like green teas, this is a nice one.

Final Count yesterday: 69

Suziqzer

I too am picky about greens!

Cavocorax

69 is pretty amazing! I’m at 115. I’m hoping to hit 100 before I meet up with you…

Cold brew is the way to go on this! I cold brewed the tea bag overnight with some sugar added in (a little too much sugar) and it is way better than it was hot. The pineapple flavor really comes out nicely, but there is still that dirt/ginseng flavor. Don’t think I’m a ginseng hater, I like it and it’s alkaline taste, but it is a little odd mixed in a fruity tea. It blends okay with the pineapple at the beginning of the sip, but the aftertaste is all ginseng and reminds me of when I was younger and would get the liquid ginseng shots from some of the Asian markets near where I worked. I loved the little bottles they came in. As I get closer to the bottom of this cup, the ginseng seems to fade or maybe my brain is just muting it out, but the pineapple is more prominent and that is nice. I like this a lot better now! I still don’t feel like it is something I’d pick out and buy, but I’m glad to have tried it.

Iced