Singapore Breakfast

Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie

From TWG Tea Company

A blend of black and green teas, plus spices with orange rind and vanilla.

This loose-leaf blend of green tea, black tea, rich vanilla and rare spices from Singapore’s esteemed TWG Tea Company is one of the finest breakfast teas we’ve had the privilege of waking up to. It has a complex aroma and a lingering aftertaste that is both sweet and sophisticated.

About TWG Tea Company View company

I got this tea from the Urban Tea Merchant in downtown Vancouver. I was disappointed that they stopped stocking THÉ Ô DOR, but TWG seems to be a pretty decent replacement line.

I’m never quite sure how to steep black tea/green tea blends so in this case I temporized by doing a slightly lower temperature and less time than I would for a straight black tea. I love the Bourbon vanilla scent of this blend – it’s sweet and rich and makes me think of baking sugar cookies. Unfortunately the flavour is more vegetal and less vanilla-y than I would like, although the vanilla is still certainly there. There’s also hints of something else under the vanilla – maybe something citrusy and traces of some sort of spices.

I’m burning through my tin of this stuff awfully quickly. I stare into the tea cabinet and wonder what to brew, and I never think I want the Singapore Breakfast. Then I smell the vanilla, and it’s over. The blend of green and black teas is even and surprisingly stout, and the vanilla on top makes it sing. Now the indoor respite is perfect. Look at those poor fools outside the window, tromping through the old snow. Nah nah nee boo boo.

This is my everyday tea for the most part. I’ve recently been drinking a lot of first flush Darjeeling, but it might be too expensive to become a habit. I went to Singapore a month ago and this tea changed my life while I was there. Singapore Breakfast tea made me quit coffee and completely switch to tea!

This tea is absolutely lovely. A blend of green and black with a subtle spice aroma. I’m carefully conserving my supply!

sweet,but spicy taste