Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nik

• “So the little man has been struggling with eczema. He's been itching and it's been affecting his sleep which of course makes for long nights for us. My wife and I have been reading how putting...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 353 tasting notes
  • “For a bagged tea, this isn't half bad. Presumably, it's easier to get things "right" when it's a straight-up tea, unflavoured and not a blend. This is your run of the mill rooibos: pleasant enough,...” Read full tasting note
    bleepnik 117 tasting notes
  • “My favorite teas are black teas, but this is a pleasant tea when you wanna mix things up. This is the second rooibos I've ever had and it wasn't dissapointing for me. I prefer this one in the...” Read full tasting note
    VampBunny 49 tasting notes
  • “It's palatable enough. It has a pleasant smell when brewed...a little medicinal. Initially it tastes hay like but I'm getting a definite undertone of something medicinal. Something like cough...” Read full tasting note
    GiggleGoddess 57 tasting notes

From Twinings of London

A naturally caffeine-free herbal tea expertly blended with authentic Rooibos or herbal red tea which has a distinctive reddish colour and pleasantly sweet flavour that naturally contains antioxidants.

Authentic Rooibos (pronounced roy-boss) or Herbal Red Tea comes only from the Cedarberg Mountains in the remote area of central South Africa. This herbal tea, made from the leaves of the Rooibos plant, has been enjoyed for countless generations by native South Africans. The plant is harvested in summer, fermented and then dried in the sun until it reaches a deep mahogany red colour. Twinings Pure Rooibos Herbal Red Tea has a pleasantly sweet flavour. Great to drink with lunch or in the afternoon, this tea is best with a little milk or served plain.

Ingredients: Rooibos

About Twinings of London View company

So the little man has been struggling with eczema. He’s been itching and it’s been affecting his sleep which of course makes for long nights for us. My wife and I have been reading how putting rooibos in a baby’s bath can help with eczema. We’ve been trying everything until we can get him into a pediatric dermatologist. So this was on sale at the grocery and wife asked “you’ll drink it too right?”…..but of course. So we put a few bags in with Mr. Zeke’s oatmeal bath, and one in a cup for daddy :) I really like the fact that since it’s rooibos this one is full leaf and not dust. You can see it through the bag. Smelling the pure rooibos here I understand better why David’s tea did have add too much to make the Oh Canada blend. The dry leaf has a sweet woodsy maple aroma. Same with liquor in the cup. A cedar like woodsy flavor almost even wine like. There’s a little sweetness too without any sugar. This is really good and I hope it’s helps t the little man too.

Shelyteadrinker79

I have eczema on my right hand. Its terrible. I watch to scratch it all the time. I don’t know about tea helping it though.

watch meant to be want

I’m also from Ohio. :)

The DJBooth

We figured it can’t hurt. Cheers to being a buckeye :)

gmathis

You can drink it, bathe in it … just like Vitameatavegimin! (Cool…have used chamomile/lavender often for bath purposes, but hadn’t heard the rooibos trick.)

Shelyteadrinker79

I will have to buy rooibus. Thank you.

Shelyteadrinker79

I really think the Rooibos tea is working. I’m drinking some tonight. Thank you.

For a bagged tea, this isn’t half bad. Presumably, it’s easier to get things “right” when it’s a straight-up tea, unflavoured and not a blend. This is your run of the mill rooibos: pleasant enough, but certainly nothing to write home about. I love rooibos in all its woodsy glory (maybe I was Elven in a previous life—my ears seem point enough for it), and I wanted something simple and caffeine-free, so I’m happy. (I’d have been happier had I not burnt my tongue, but hey, that’s not the tea’s fault. Clumsy Smurf, me.)

Tea amount: 2 bags
Water amount: 16oz./~475mL
Additives: ~1tbsp Demerara sugar

My favorite teas are black teas, but this is a pleasant tea when you wanna mix things up. This is the second rooibos I’ve ever had and it wasn’t dissapointing for me. I prefer this one in the afternoon than any other time of day.

It’s palatable enough. It has a pleasant smell when brewed…a little medicinal. Initially it tastes hay like but I’m getting a definite undertone of something medicinal. Something like cough syrup…underneath and definitely as an end note. I wanted to get the pure herb/plant by itself before I began acquiring other flavored rooibos teas so I knew what to expect from the rooibos. I wanted to get a couple more caffeine free teas that weren’t just for bedtime. Oh! I also drank this straight up…no sugars…I don’t like to add stuff to my tea to make it taste better.

meh…. not that good of a tea. rooibos to me tastes like brandy

This is my first rooibos. As soon as I smelled it I knew I didn’t want to steep this one for very long. It’s quite woodsy, but I can’t decide if that’s good or bad. It is borderline unpleasant, but not so much that I feel I must throw it down the drain without another sip. My cup has a bit of plain creamer and sweetner in it, and I’m fairly certain the water that was already in the kettle is not unfiltered. Maybe I will try this again with better water and such. I hope it can be better than this or it will take a lot to get through 19 more tea bags. :(

This isn’t very exciting, but is relaxing to drink. It has a smooth, slightly malty flavor with a tangy lemon finish. There’s a little bit of a metallic aftertaste when you drink it plain, but it’s quite good with honey.