Irish Breakfast Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Joker

• “I usually drink this bagged tea only in decaf, but today called for caf, so I yoinked a bag from my hubby's stash. (I don't know how he brews it for 5 min - after 3 it was looking plenty dark...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2614 tasting notes
  • “I'm not gung-ho on bagged teas generally, but I was looking for a cheap, decent black tea mainly to try for cold brewing. I had this about 7.5 years ago, and I thought it was O.K. I decided to have...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “I have *KeenTeaThyme* to thank for sending me a bag of this. Thank you! Twinings is a company (or shall I say "are companies"?) that confuse me. It seems like there are two different...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4665 tasting notes
  • “I'm sure I have had this at some point in history. I can't find any notes I've ever written about it. It is one of the half dozen Twinings teas that have always been on the local grocer's shelves....” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1419 tasting notes

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

Yummy tea! Almost sweet by itself. I love this with some sweetener and a splash of milk. This is a delicious tea to have in the morning or afternoon.

I didn’t realize this was a black tea until I read the notes about it. I bought it so I could have something to drink with breakfast. I like it a lot. Even though it’s 3pm, I’m drinking some now. (Hey, I just had breakfast). It’s good.

This tea is okay. It is a basic bagged black tea. It wasn’t bad though. A little bitter but flavorful.

mpierce87

I love irish breakfast, but I think it really shines with milk and sugar. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Caitlin

I am not big on adding things to my tea, but I can definitely see how that would be good. I will give it a try next time I have irish breakfast.

mpierce87

Yeah, some may not view tea the way I do, but I feel that some teas just aren’t meant to be plain. IMO, irish breakfast is a prime example.

Finally a tea from Twinings that tastes like tea! This one brews very dark and strong with a mild astringency. It’s fine and I will enjoy drinking the bags that I have, but I feel like it doesn’t have the complexity of flavours that I am used to with loose leaf blacks.

Good and hot with milk and sugar. And nutella cookies! I made this tea JUST in time for my new tea order to arrive! :P

But then my possibly parasite-ridden kitten licked it, so I don’t feel bad about throwing it out now.

Cavocorax

Hahha. How convenient! Were you letting him sniff it? Dunking his face in it? :P

Ozli

Hahahaha >:D (you jerk XP there’s this little triangle of flat up against the wall on the back of the loveseat where my tea sits – it is NOT cat!safe)

Maybe because this is one of the first teas I ever tried and enjoyed, but I really love this tea. Malty, smooth, consistently good. It’s not so delicious as to make you re-think your life, but I’ve always gotten enjoyment from it.

I think I am a bit biased because I am writing this tasting note after I have already went through two small boxes of this. Everyone keeps saying that they thought it did well for a “bagged” tea. Honestly I don’t see what is causing such a bad rap for bagged teas. If someone cares to enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

My review: I love this tea. It’s my go to tea. Especially when I have had an awful day at work or in class. I bought a big box of English Breakfast and all though I tolerate it, I prefer this much more. Coincidentally, my boyfriend likes English Breakfast so he has been using it up for me.

When I need a pick-me-up but am not in the mood for coffee, this is my go-to black tea. The flavor is incredibly robust, but is suitable for all of your affairs; not just breakfast. If you don’t mind or prefer a strong kick from your tea, this is the one for you.

Tasty, malty, very strong black tea, with a bit of sugar or truvia and a splash of milk – Or better, cream.

Does the job in the morning.

finally found boxes of this tea again after eons of going without. this is my morning must-have. i steep it for 6 minutes usually & take it with one sugar cube and enough milk to turn the tea a caramel colour. it remains my favourite tea, especially in the mornings. it’s strong & tastes right. growing up in a British family where tea was steeped in a Brown Betty tea pot for ages has left me needing strong tea. this Irish Breakfast fits the bill nicely.