Blackcurrant Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Black Currant
Edit tea info Last updated by Uniquity

• “Okay, it finally happened. I finally, after more than a year of loose leaf love, have fallen out of love with my bagged Twinings Black Currant. It makes me sad, but also excited becuase now I can...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “I'm supposed to be on a buying hiatus... so I've been sneaking bagged teas in with my groceries. This tea has a strong blackcurrent aroma and taste. I've made several cups before writing my note...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 386 tasting notes
  • “As a child I used to drink blackcurrant squash with boiling water when I was ill and this tea takes me back to those simpler times. It smells the same and tastes very similar but with much less...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1154 tasting notes
  • “I loved the hint of sweetness in this, usually black tea has a bitter taste but this was a perfect blend. I grabbed some of this as I left my house to a friend's. It definitely made my morning...” Read full tasting note
    vicki_guillem 23 tasting notes

From Twinings

blended black tea, artificial flavoring, blackcurrant pieces.
Picture is “new” packaging – Current as of Jan 2011

About Twinings View company

Okay, it finally happened. I finally, after more than a year of loose leaf love, have fallen out of love with my bagged Twinings Black Currant. It makes me sad, but also excited becuase now I can officially begin the hunt for an amazing loose black currant. Unfortunately, I rarely see ‘plain’ black currant black teas. What’s up with that? : )

Mel

I love black currant black tea, it’s been very difficult for me to find the “right” one. The closest was 52 teas, their black currant white tea is damn good. There’s this place called Jason’s Deli, now they have black currant tea that’s perfection. But they won’t release the info who makes it! If you find a good one, please do tell!

Dravistich

I would like to try this…Twinings friggin’ rocks! Too bad I’m in the USA. Isn’t this a UK-only tea?

Uniquity

I live in Canada and found it here at an independent grocery store. I assume it would be available in the US as well, though I’m not sure where you might look. If any of your stores have an imported goods section you might try there in addition to the tea aisle. Good luck!

I’m supposed to be on a buying hiatus… so I’ve been sneaking bagged teas in with my groceries. This tea has a strong blackcurrent aroma and taste. I’ve made several cups before writing my note so that I could tweak it a little. First was too sweet (my fault) tasted rather like blackcurrent jelly. Second was good, but no black tea favor. Third resteep was a little more mellow. It still has a nice blackcurrent aroma and flavor without hitting me in the face. It’s a pretty sweet tea so it doesn’t need much sweetener, even if you’re a sweet addict like it me.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

As a child I used to drink blackcurrant squash with boiling water when I was ill and this tea takes me back to those simpler times. It smells the same and tastes very similar but with much less sugar (which my diet is thankful for).

A nice combination of fruit and black tea without being super sweet but also contains enough flavour. A shame it’s not all natural flavour but it works well enough.

Next time I have a cold or flu I will be remembering this tea :)

I loved the hint of sweetness in this, usually black tea has a bitter taste but this was a perfect blend. I grabbed some of this as I left my house to a friend’s. It definitely made my morning better, and made it easier to deal with my cab driver. I am a big fan and will be drinking this more often….

180 °F / 82 °C

I love this one. It’s nice and fruity, but you can definitely tell it’s a black tea. It’s got a bit of backbone, which makes it a nice tea to wake up with.

I picked this up a while ago, because I like black currant flavouring. And although it hasn’t been particularly bad, there’s just been something ‘off’ about it. Maybe it’s something in the artificial flavouriing used. It certainly tastes like the ‘black currant flavour’ I like, but there’s something else that I’m just not liking about it. The ceylon base is nice enough, though.

I don’t know what I’m not liking about this, but. Something metallic, maybe…

I got to this tea at my cousin’s house. She and her husband are not very addicted to teas but have a lot of twinings tea bags I haven’t tried yet. Sort of a tea paradise. ANyways, I decided to try this one for my 2:00 PM snack. I’m not very fond of black currant because it’s still a mystery to me in terms of tea. For the same reason, I followed some suggestions in Steepster and got to a decent brew. I didn’t sweeten it too much (just 3 drops) because it’s already very sweet in taste and aroma.
Very good, I would definetely have this in my cupboard.

Flavors: Black Currant

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 2 g 200 OZ / 5914 ML
Chris Chamorro

Blackcurrant? Sounds good, but i haven’t seen that one lately… Maybe we should ask them for their store =)

Posy

They actually didn’t buy it, it was a present…but it’s twinings, so it shouldn’t be hard to find

This is my favorite of the blackcurrant teas I’ve tried. Such a rich and happy flavor. There are many many many black tea flavors out there. But of all that I have tried so far the Blackcurrant black tea has my number one spot. Blackcurrant is a species of berry resident to central and northern Europe and northern Asia. It is a dark purple color and very high in vitamin C.

Very juicy scent and flavor. Presumably good iced.

Love this! Its smells heavenly and sweet. Taste is nice and fruity. Not bitter at all. Perfect winter tea!