African Honeybush, Mandarin & Orange

Fruit Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Twilight

• “Found some of this in the "far back" of my tea cupboard while digging out some favourites over the weekend. I brought the few remaining bags with me to work to use while at reception/switchboard....” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “I asked for some of this however many months ago it was that Twinings was running their last freebie promo and after spending all day with family (and a couple toddlers), the convenience of a tea...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “This came out of the foil package in a cloud of dust. But ok. I tried it anyway. Actually, this is quite nice. The mandarin and orange flavors lay nicely over the sweetness of the honeybush. ...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 400 tasting notes
  • “Ah, am finally home!! Having a pot of this, because I'm getting low on it and will soon have another tea out of my cupboard. Hurray for replacing it with new tea!!” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes

From Twinings

A blend of fragrant Honeybush and sweet, juicy fruit flavours.

Honeybush, from the Cape in South Africa, has a sweet, aromatic richness that brings herbal notes to the zestiness of orange and sweet mandarin in this amber coloured infusion. This deliciously balanced combination is naturally caffeine free and has no added sugar, so it’s ideal for drinking when you want a little taste of Africa.

About Twinings View company

I wish I could drink the smell of this tea bag! The scent is definitely mandarin. The steeped tea, however, is a little bit weak. It does still smell great, and really it’s not bad. I tried a second steep for a looong time, and it definitely wasn’t oversteeped. I might try two bags next time.

Another free sample from Twinnings. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The flavor is much stronger than I had anticipated, and is definitely orange. No sugar needed with this tea. I probably won’t buy this myself just because i prefer loose and this didn’t wow me enough to keep in stock, but it’s pleasant for a fall day in the office.

Orange! I’m pretty happy with this tea. It’s refreshing and lovely, and I’d like to try it iced one of these days. My only complaint is that it’s kind of weak: as others have said, the fragrance is stronger than the flavour. I might try two bags and a longer steep time, next time, to see if I can pull more flavour from it.

Chosen at random from a bag of samples I have. Today is the perfect opportunity to taste my samples as I am dog sitting for the day and have nothing else to do.

The colour is a dark Amber.
The smell is sweetly orange.

A nice cup of tea for orange lovers (like myself) as it tastes natural and fairly strong. You can just taste the Honeybush in the highlights but I would say overall the combination fits well. I imagine sitting underneath an orange tree whilst sipping this :) Not sure where the mandarin comes into this but as it is a type of orange and they taste similar it’s too hard to differentiate the differences between them. It’s much more simple to just drink and relax.

Reading the description that has been given to this tea it says no added sugar and caffeine free which is always a plus. Also even though this is pre bagged you can’t really tell in the taste so it makes it just that little bit easier to take this tea to a friend or families house.

Kind of like warm Orange Crush … O_o

Jillian

o_0 Bleh, that sounds nasty!

I just received my tea sampler from Twinings in the mail, and of course I had to jump right in and start tasting. The smell of the citrus is very powerful while brewing. Anyone who isn’t a fan of orange would definitely not find that as appealing as I do.
The taste is definitely not as strong as the smell as others have already mentioned. It is a very mild citrus flavor and not much else. I like a strong cup of tea so this is not really my ideal match so I added a little agave to see if that helps it.
The agave did give the tea a little more depth and I think it is the best approach to making this tea. I still couldn’t pick out any honeybush but the aftertaste is mellower than the citrus so i assume that was the honeybush. Overall a decent tea but nothing I would buy personally.

Maybe it would of been better if i added milk. But its not a favourite but I wouldn’t not recommend it. Its almost as if your drinking hot orange juice toned down. It would be something more of a fall tea. Sitting outside and enjoying the breeze type teas.

Boiling 7 min, 45 sec 10 g 5 OZ / 150 ML

I took this one with me when I went out to eat. It’s always sort of risky since you never know how water temp or time… but it worked out well. I wanted an herbal because it was nighttime. This was very pleasant cup. It was smooth and sweet even without sweetener. The mandarin was very upfront and aromatic. I enjoyed it so much I asked for another cup of water and steeped another cup. Very nice!

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

has a nice sweet orange taste. Drinking it relaxes me. Honeybush is a type of plant that is has yellow flowers and is basically a bush. The honeybush contributes to this magnificent tea, by adding a slight floral taste and aroma. A great tea for a cool summer night or even a hot summer day if you ice it. If you are going to ice it, I would suggest making it super strong because it is already a weak-ish tea to begin with and the ice will dilute it even more.

I absolutely loved this Honeybush with so much flavor of orange and mandarin it hardly needs any sweetener at all. It is a wonderfully soothing late night tea.