French Vanilla Chai

Black Chai Blend
Cinnamon, Vanilla, Artificial, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Red

From Twinings

The finest black tea expertly blended with the enticing flavor of sweet vanilla and the savory spice flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and ginger to deliver a delicious tea with a warm soothing aroma and smooth, creamy taste.

Ingredients: Black Tea, Natural Chai, Cinnamon & Ginger Flavours with Other Natural Flavours, Artificial Vanilla Flavour, Cardamom, Clove, Vanilla Pod Powder.

About Twinings View company

This tea smells wonderful, vanilla and cinnamon, I could sit and smell it all day. It is very mild flavoured though, this is the second tea I’ve added chocolate milk to in order to add flavour, which works well here. It’s not bad, just mild. I’m going to finish the box, but am unlikely to buy it again.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

I believe my mouth had a seizure when I drank this.

However, if you spill this tea over a lunch box and leave it there for an hour it will smell like perfume for the next few weeks…

Got this bag from a freebie sampler in the mail awhile back, decided to do it up today at work. thank goodness for emergency teas!
I was only able to enjoy the first half of my mug before the boss man dumped it out. He has a habit of tossing any drink left unattended as soon as he comes in. I also have a habit of leaving mugs of tea unattended for enough time for him to dump it out. Luckily, I rarely use our mugs at work so I am usually safe from good tea getting tossed down the drain :P
This tea was very mild in all of it’s aspects. I don’t think it was my method of preparation, I think it was just the bag. I used just boiling water, and steeped for 4-5 minutes. What I got in return was a generic teabag chai. There was a French vanilla coffee mate powder sense to it, and the chai was strong on the cloves and cinnamon. I like to avoid cloves at all costs, so this was a loss for me. The black tea base was there, the same way the water was “just there.”
Ah well, at least I didn’t have to dump it myself?

Flavors: Artificial, Cloves, Vanilla

Water: 8oz

Leaves: Tea Bag

Steep: 6m

Aroma: Vanilla Spice

Color: Deep orange/brown

Taste: Due to my previous Chai taste test I wanted to try out another sample. On the package it stated to brew this for 4-6 minutes. I went with the later at 6m I wanted to see what this tea had at full strength thus a stronger brew. The aroma was a nice vanilla spice. As for the color it was deeper than the previous Chai this is probably due to the longer steep time. One thing I found rather interesting was the clarity of the tea I found this cup to be quite cloudy. As for the taste despite brewing for a long time this was very bland like plain drinking water, no spice flavor or anything else for that matter.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Tried this one at work today and was NOT impressed. It doesn’t taste like chai at all! The main flavor is a strong artificial vanilla with a bit of cinnamon. The back base is completely smothered by the other flavors.

Flavors: Artificial, Cinnamon, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Yesterday my husband and I went to a family reunion. It’s a long drive, but it’s tons of fun and we see relatives we don’t see any time of year. As an added bonus, a close friend of ours who we don’t often get to see lives along the route, so we stopped in and visited her on the way home. My friend offered me some tea for the road, which I gladly accepted. I had a cup of this with plenty of milk and quite enjoyed it. It was a smooth, sweet chai with subtle, but pleasant flavors. I was surprised to see that it has such low reviews on Steepster. Maybe the milk made the difference? I’ll have to try it without milk someday to see if that changes my opinion.

8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’d had pumpkin chai in my cupboard for a couple of years and never had another chai mash-up before until now. This is really quite devine. The vanilla is nice and light and really compliments the chai in a very delicious way. Another one of those teas that I’d prefer to drink in cold weather that Florida does not permit me to experience.

Didn`t like the vanilla in this and gave the tea away to a friend who loves vanilla. For me the spice disappeared and the vanilla was overpowering…a bit like a perfume department.

Blech. Super artificial tasting. Gross.

I was so excited to try this but I’m pretty much disappointed in the taste of the “fake” vanilla as many here have noted…it smells pretty awesome, smells of sweet vanilla mixed with chai but when you drink it it’s just not the same. The spices is alright but the “vanilla” taste is just weird