Green Tea with Pineapple & Grapefruit

Pineapple
Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

• “I am usually a 'steep for as short a time as possible' person when it comes to Twinings teas, but don't shy away from the steep time with this - with not-quite-boiling water it really is mellow and...” Read full tasting note
    tor 11 tasting notes
  • “I'm fan of both Twinings and green teas. Also I love pineapple and grapefruit, so this was perfect tea for me. I love the smell of tea bags. I accidentally steeped this tea bit longer. The smell is...” Read full tasting note
    Kendaren 31 tasting notes

From Twinings

A mellow green tea blended with pineapple and grapefruit flavors to produce a delicious, refreshing drink. Green tea is a natural source of antioxidants, which may help protect the body from the damage caused by free radicals.

About Twinings View company

I am usually a ‘steep for as short a time as possible’ person when it comes to Twinings teas, but don’t shy away from the steep time with this – with not-quite-boiling water it really is mellow and doesn’t have the sharp, grassy green tea base I was expecting. The steeped tea is a sunny golden colour and the predominant scent is of pineapple.

Onto the tasting. It’s surprisingly fresh for a bagged tea, and almost like a tisane – the pineapple jumps out first and dances on the tongue, followed by a gentle grapefruit tang on the palate. I only get hints of earthy green tea like an anchor. Maybe it’s a little more ‘Grapefruit and Pineapple with Green Tea’?

I’m drinking this with my post-exam toast and Dundee marmalade and feel worlds away from the rain on my window panes – thanks, Twinings. :)

I’m fan of both Twinings and green teas. Also I love pineapple and grapefruit, so this was perfect tea for me. I love the smell of tea bags. I accidentally steeped this tea bit longer. The smell is very pleasant. There is no bitterness in tea even with longer steep time. This actually tastes very sweet and smooth, not stinging like some teas. Because there is no bitterness, you can drink this very fast.

Flavors: Pineapple