Green Tea with Pineapple & Grapefruit

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Red

• “I am usually a 'steep for as short a time as possible' person when it comes to Twinings teas, but don't shy away from the steep time with this - with not-quite-boiling water it really is mellow and...” Read full tasting note
    tor 11 tasting notes

From Twinings

A mellow green tea blended with pineapple and grapefruit flavors to produce a delicious, refreshing drink. Green tea is a natural source of antioxidants, which may help protect the body from the damage caused by free radicals.

About Twinings View company

I am usually a ‘steep for as short a time as possible’ person when it comes to Twinings teas, but don’t shy away from the steep time with this – with not-quite-boiling water it really is mellow and doesn’t have the sharp, grassy green tea base I was expecting. The steeped tea is a sunny golden colour and the predominant scent is of pineapple.

Onto the tasting. It’s surprisingly fresh for a bagged tea, and almost like a tisane – the pineapple jumps out first and dances on the tongue, followed by a gentle grapefruit tang on the palate. I only get hints of earthy green tea like an anchor. Maybe it’s a little more ‘Grapefruit and Pineapple with Green Tea’?

I’m drinking this with my post-exam toast and Dundee marmalade and feel worlds away from the rain on my window panes – thanks, Twinings. :)