Cranberry Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by laurenpressley

From Twinings

When skies are grey and summer seems a long way off, our green tea with cranberry could be just the thing to brighten your day.

It’s refreshing, juicy and golden, thanks to our blend of high-quality green tea leaves and sweet cranberry flavour. A taste of spring in every cup.

About Twinings View company

I’m a little under the weather and would typically turn to an herbal “tea” to boost the immune system and/or provide comfort. However, since I’m still nursing, I can’t have a lot of the herbals I’d like. A trip to the grocery turned this up and I figured it could help with the comfort part. It’s a good cup! Not what I’d normally go for, but I’m sure I’ll finish the box!

Cofftea

I’ve never heard herbals are high in antioxidant- except for red and green rooibos.

Stephanie

Hope you feel better soon!

laurenpressley

Cofftea: true, many more antioxidants in green tea, but it lacks some of the other properties of herbals for health.
Stephanie: thanks! Much better today, though my voice isn’t completely back yet. :)

Cofftea

laurenpressley, sort of… more antioxidants are in true tea. I’m ubberly skeptical about “facts” as I choose to call them that tea x is better for you in aspect A then tea y. Although I’ve heard white tea has the most antioxidants of true teas. I just saw a tasting note for a tisane heavy in hibiscus and was reminded it actually has a lot of vitamin c as well.

Eh…I really wanted tea this afternoon at work and this was all we had. I was poorly prepared for tea drinking at work today because I forgot my usual travel bag o’tea.

On to the tea…It isn’t bad, but it isn’t great either. Odd thing is it smells like cranberries, but tastes like a green tea a very light green tea….weird.

A bit meh, but not bad. A lot of flavour, tea not too noticeable. Flavour seems artificial-ish to me, but I am not an expert on cranberry!

I don’t like this tea. I don’t know if it’s because I steeped it for too long or not long enough, or if the water was too hot but it was very bitter and had a bad aftertaste. It also left my mouth a bit dry. I had to do some research on the internet to find out how I make it properly since I’m not experienced with tea making and it said not to add sugar, which I think added to the bitterness. I might try it as an iced tea with sugar next time.