Earl Grey

Bergamot, Black Tea
Bergamot, Citrus, Citrus Zest, Green, Lemon Zest, Dark Bittersweet, Orange Zest, Vanilla
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I found a recipe for Earl Grey lemonade and it made me curious. It has been very hot here recently and I have been drinking a fair amount of half-tea, half-lemonade that my fiance's mother has...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 540 tasting notes
  • “I have one more bag of this. I used to drink this often and loved it. Now I am finding it kind of meh. I hate it when the classics don't quite live up to the memory. ” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1415 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea I bought, mainly because I like Earl Grey. It is really one of my favorite [fruit flavored] teas. Surprisingly, I haven't had all that many different brands of it, nor do I have...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “I am kind of confused by the myriad of Earl Greys that Twining's seems to offer. I am now in Heathrow Airport (London) on my way to Madagascar and I had a bagged EG that wasn't the typical...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2035 tasting notes

From Twinings

Fine black tea expertly blended with the citrus fruit flavor of bergamot, a citrus fruit.

To savour the full flavour of our teas, bring water to boil, and pour over the tea as soon as it reaches boiling. Over-boiling will cause oxygen to be reduced, making the tea taste “flat”. Brew 2-4 minutes or to desired taste.

About Twinings View company

I like this tea, but it is certainly not my favorite Earl Grey. The black tea in it is quite solid, but it feels bland next to other brands.

Boring.

I love this tea – I drink pretty much only this brand/type of Earl Grey. I’ve tried others that call themselves Earl Grey and get no bergamot at all, just black tea. This has plenty of bergamot flavour/scent. Also, I can happily leave the bag in the entire time, as it doesn’t get too strong.

This is probably the first tea I ever bought on my own so it has that comfort flavour for me. Using up the last bag that someone sent me in the mail in a yarn/knitting swap as it is 3 a.m. and I just don’t feel like emptying and cleaning my pot and strainer for some loose leaf.

Not much to say about this tea that hasn’t been said before I’m sure. A basic black earl grey. My taste buds have changed since I have become more aware of tea over the years and I don’t have much bagged outside of restaurants but this is still enjoyable. Not overpowering with the citrus (though I hear they are changing that) and just the right amount of bergamot.

Usually made willy nilly. Pour water into cup, add bag and wander away. Remember tea and come back. Add some milk and a splash of sweetener for comfort if I have it around. Drink tea. Enjoy. Not much thought required.

Woke up in a terrible mood, hiding at my desk at work and keeping calm with this lovely lady. She’s the only thing keeping me from irritably snapping at boring co-workers, so she gets an extra-high rating this morning.

A fragrant Earl grey. A big cup of this tea was a great way to start my morning. Not weak, not bitter – just right for me. I think there might not be a lot of complexity to the flavor, but that’s ok by me.

Tea. Earl grey. Hot.

Maybe not the worst tea bags you have ever tasted. Without doubt the best Earl Grey tea bags I’ve tried. It is wonderful, but it is not detestable. Here in Spain, is the best tea flavored with bergamot that can be purchased at any supermarket or mall. I continue to stand behind loose leaf tea, a good Darjeeling Earl Grey Second plantagentee.

Sorry for my bad English.

not really in the mood for tea today. This one is an old favourite, it reminds me of when i was a little boy. Great with biscuits!

I prefer my Earl Grey to be light on the bergamont and so find this to be completely acceptable.

Today, I sweetened my cup with tupelo honey which brings out lovely citrus notes.

I don’t know about the others, but I think this is a decent tea. Just had it last night after a big party, and it definitely hit the spot. Prepared with a bit of milk and honey. Tasted good. Slight herbal accents which I enjoyed.