Earl Grey

Dark Bittersweet, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by avocade

• “I found a recipe for Earl Grey lemonade and it made me curious. It has been very hot here recently and I have been drinking a fair amount of half-tea, half-lemonade that my fiance's mother has...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 517 tasting notes
  • “I have one more bag of this. I used to drink this often and loved it. Now I am finding it kind of meh. I hate it when the classics don't quite live up to the memory. ” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1160 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea I bought, mainly because I like Earl Grey. It is really one of my favorite [fruit flavored] teas. Surprisingly, I haven't had all that many different brands of it, nor do I have...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “I am kind of confused by the myriad of Earl Greys that Twining's seems to offer. I am now in Heathrow Airport (London) on my way to Madagascar and I had a bagged EG that wasn't the typical...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes

From Twinings

Fine black tea expertly blended with the citrus fruit flavor of bergamot, to deliver an uplifting tea with a unique floral aroma and refreshing taste.

About Twinings View company

I don’t know about the others, but I think this is a decent tea. Just had it last night after a big party, and it definitely hit the spot. Prepared with a bit of milk and honey. Tasted good. Slight herbal accents which I enjoyed.

This is really hitting the spot for me today. I’ve had two mugs of it. The black tea base is high-quality, and the bergamot has the exact right amount of presence.

The first cup was very floral, but this second one is more hardy.

I like it.

Lemon bars with earl grey infused into the shortbread layer…Mmmmm. Now this is the way to have bergamot

MissB

Ooh, sounds yummy!

VariaTEA

They are quite tasty. Not Jenny-approved but I have been cheating since I went on vacation and since my birthday is Saturday and friends are coming up this weekend, I figure I might as well enjoy myself and then get back on track on Monday.

sundaysipping

Do you have a recipe for these? They sound incredible!

VariaTEA

You can use any recipe to lemon bars and then just take like a handful of earl grey and add it to the dry mix of the shortbread layer through a strainer so there aren’t huge clumps of it.

Sipdown!

This was an extra on top of the Stash bagged teas I so generously was given by Kat_Maria from the Take It Away thread, and I sipped this one down before it even entered my cupboard. Go me! I was not going to let my tea number increase.

I’ve only tried a few Twinings teas, and that was a fair while ago. Stash is definitely my tea bag company of choice. Overall, this was pretty decent but a little bitter and harsh on the end sip. For a bagged Earl Grey, I’ve had much worse though.

This is my pantry back-up daily tea, for when I run out of my favorite and don’t have time to make loose leaf. It tastes good, but occasionally makes me a little nauseous feeling, no idea why.

Nice, light citrus-y tasting black tea. For a bagged tea (as well as the price), it’s not bad.

Flavors: Dark Bittersweet, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest, Vanilla

Nice enough. Nothing special, but quite pleasant, as Twinings teas normally are. A bit too bitter, but that could easily be solved by adding either milk or cream.

Earl Grey was my introduction to tea. I started drinking it because of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Captain Picard’s oft repeated “Tea, Earl Grey, hot.” line. As soon as I tasted it I fell in love. That was many years ago, far from where I live now and I got my first taste of it bagged from Taylors of Harrogate as a gift from my father when he came to visit me while I lived in San Antonio, Texas.

Now it is many years later and I still have a strong love for Earl Grey, but I have no easy access to the brand that started my love affair with this tea. But then I discovered Twinings and fell in love all over again. While I realize that as a bagged version of the famous tea it will never live up to loose leaf I also realize that sometimes you gotta go with what you got. I have a whole box of this stuff up in my pantry and I never allow myself to run out. Sometimes you really just don’t have time for a cup of freshly brewed loose leaf and it’s nice to know that I have an old standby that I can fall back on in such times.

There’s a reason this is a classic tea and a staple in British households. Because its damn good.

Just had it for the first time last Friday. I love it. The aroma is so invigorating and its officially my new favorite. This is also the only tea i will put cream in because the cream brings out the flavor.