Earl Grey

Bergamot, Black Tea
Bergamot, Citrus, Cream, Citrus Zest, Earth, Floral, Malt, Nuts, Wood, Honey, Perfume, Cloves, Dark Wood, Orange Zest, Orange, Astringent, Bitter, Green, Lemon Zest, Dark Bittersweet, Vanilla, Butterscotch, Guava
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I found a recipe for Earl Grey lemonade and it made me curious. It has been very hot here recently and I have been drinking a fair amount of half-tea, half-lemonade that my fiance’s mother...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes
  • “I have one more bag of this. I used to drink this often and loved it. Now I am finding it kind of meh. I hate it when the classics don’t quite live up to the memory.” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1686 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea I bought, mainly because I like Earl Grey. It is really one of my favorite [fruit flavored] teas. Surprisingly, I haven’t had all that many different brands of it, nor do...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “I am kind of confused by the myriad of Earl Greys that Twining’s seems to offer. I am now in Heathrow Airport (London) on my way to Madagascar and I had a bagged EG that wasn’t the...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2183 tasting notes

From Twinings

Fine black tea expertly blended with the citrus fruit flavor of bergamot, a citrus fruit.

“Twinings has been blending my family tea for years. Today, I am proud to continue this tradition with the tea celebrated throughout the world known as Twinings Earl Grey. Legend has it that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite reciep by an envoy on his return from China. -The sixth Earl Grey” (Dec. 2015)

To savour the full flavour of our teas, bring water to boil, and pour over the tea as soon as it reaches boiling. Over-boiling will cause oxygen to be reduced, making the tea taste “flat”. Brew 2-4 minutes or to desired taste.

Ingredients: Black Tea, Bergamot Flavouring

About Twinings View company

This is my first note so hopefully this goes well. Anyways I love black teas and this is one of my favorites. I usually drink this first thing in the morning before I pick up my students from bus wait. I like the wonderful aroma that the tea gives off, Bergamot. I know some people find this a little overwhelming, but i enjoy it. I let mine steep for awhile, instead of a light brown color, mine is very deep. Over all I enjoy this tea and I find it well worth the price.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

Quick Review

This was a quick snatch and grab this morning. I think that mornings are best to revert to the oldies. Honestly, I’ve found myself disliking Earl Grey tea more and more as I convert to newer flavors. Despite that, I think that Twining’s makes a pretty solid Earl Grey, and it’s great to add sugar and cream to; therefore, I can see myself drinking this from time to time. There’s something about this E.G. that keeps me going for it now and again; however, it reminds me of the days when I thought E.G. was the only decent tea—which was before the time my friend had introduced me to anything but E.G. It’s almost nostalgic drinking this tea.

Side Note: The students were nearly sleep walking this morning, and didn’t want anything to do with me or school. However, I have that ONE student who loves mornings, and can function much better than any of us. She approached me and proceeded to tell me that her grandma drinks Earl Grey tea every day. Anyway, she decides to go on about drinking tea, when, as I’m listening, this is a child who can actually talk tea and drinks tea.

I give perks to her parents and grandma for introducing her to tea, and allowing my mind to wake up by having tea-talk with an eight-year-old at such an early time in the morning!

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Cream

I really like this tea so much! Such a lovely flavour and one of my favourites!! I don’t drink this as often now as I am staying away from caffeine most of the time, but this is so pleasant!
I drink this with milk and sugar/sweetener.

Flavors: Bergamot

The bergamot is quite subtle, it doesn’t dominate.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Citrus Zest, Earth, Floral, Malt, Nuts, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

This brings me back to my childhood – we always had Red Rose, Twinings Earl Grey, and Peppermint teas in the house. I loved to horrify my father (still do!) by putting milk in this one. :D

So while this is a very furniture-polishy, tooth-squeaky type of tea, it’s also something I love because I used to drink it all the time.

I have a feeling this came from MissB, when she was in London. Thanks so much!

Alyssa

Weird! I’ve nearly always drank my earl grey with a little milk. Does he despise it terribly? Then again, I guess that reminds me of my mom and her aversion to coffee with sugar in it.

Anlina

Earl Grey is one of the teas I most love with milk.

OMGsrsly

Hahaha. He is just grossed out by milk + citrus I think. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him have an Orange Julius either, and that was another childhood staple for me!

Delightful! It’s like drinking a bowlful of flowers, without the annoyance of having to pull stamens from your teeth.

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Honey, Perfume

I have stayed away from Earl Grey previously because I’m not big on flavored teas, but it was inevitable that I’d get sucked into this classic sooner or later. I would prefer less bergamot flavor, as the flavor is stronger than the Teavana Earl Grey I had a few days ago. However, I didn’t like the Teavana Earl Grey until the second cup, so I’m guessing that this one will grow on me as well. I’m apparently very easily satisfied when it comes to tea, which is good for me…new additions all the time!

Mookit

I find Twinnings teas to be decent overall! Pretty good quality budget tea. :)

Mike

Definitely! Ahmad, Twinings and Foojoy are my favorites for quality teas for great prices!

My favorite earl grey sold in teabags (as opposed to loose leaf)

Flavors: Bergamot, Cloves, Dark Wood, Orange Zest

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

So this is the tea that started it all for me. My entire life I got used to drinking supermarket tea and was fine with that…until I tried this one. This is technically a supermarket tea, but definitely higher on the shelf than your standard Lipton’s and Tetley Teas. The aroma from this is just the most pleasantly soothing smell I’ve ever experienced. The bergamot is very pronounced and warm and comforting. The taste is, well, also warm and comforting. I drink this normally without any cream or sugar, but when I’m feeling like I need a special treat, I will make a London Fog out of this and it is just absolutely amazing. Do try it! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 7 OZ / 200 ML

The workhorse of my tea world. This is without a doubt my favorite grocery store Earl Grey. The flavor is light with a hint of citrus and lacking the bitterness I associate with grocery store brands.

Flavors: Citrus