Earl Grey

Lemon Zest, Dark Bittersweet, Orange Zest, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by avocade

• “I found a recipe for Earl Grey lemonade and it made me curious. It has been very hot here recently and I have been drinking a fair amount of half-tea, half-lemonade that my fiance's mother has...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “I have one more bag of this. I used to drink this often and loved it. Now I am finding it kind of meh. I hate it when the classics don't quite live up to the memory. ” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1253 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea I bought, mainly because I like Earl Grey. It is really one of my favorite [fruit flavored] teas. Surprisingly, I haven't had all that many different brands of it, nor do I have...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “I am kind of confused by the myriad of Earl Greys that Twining's seems to offer. I am now in Heathrow Airport (London) on my way to Madagascar and I had a bagged EG that wasn't the typical...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1917 tasting notes

From Twinings

Fine black tea expertly blended with the citrus fruit flavor of bergamot, to deliver an uplifting tea with a unique floral aroma and refreshing taste.

About Twinings View company

There’s a reason this is a classic tea and a staple in British households. Because its damn good.

Just had it for the first time last Friday. I love it. The aroma is so invigorating and its officially my new favorite. This is also the only tea i will put cream in because the cream brings out the flavor.

The first thing that struck me about this tea was the aroma, this might be the first Earl Grey I have sampled where you can smell the tea under the Bergamot. So often with Earl Grey I can never get a feel for the tea’s aroma because I am too busy being kicked in the face with Bergamot. The aroma is fantastic, smooth and slightly creamy, which blends well with the Bergamot’s zinginess.

The aroma matches the taste, smooth and creamy! In my opinion this is the perfect cup of Earl, mild and not overwhelming. It has been theorized by my Early Grey fanatic boyfriend that I, in fact, do not actually like Earl Grey because I don’t enjoy the intense Bergamot. Finally I found an Early Grey that I have no problem drinking a bunch of, rather than just a cup here and there. Victory for Twinnings!

Tastes good with a squeeze of lemon.

I’m not really a big tea drinker. However I saw a box of Twinings today at the market and decided to try the Earl Grey.

Upon opening the box the smell was so nice that I cannot wait to make a cup. I let the bag steep for around 4 minutes, and while the aroma is delightful, the taste was lighter than I expected. I probably should have seen that coming since the box says ‘light flavour strength’. With that said, I still ended up liking this tea more than I thought I would.

I really love this tea as a simple morning pick me up. I steep is for longer than the direction advise since I noticed that the listed times didn’t really impart enough flavor.

Note: I used the bagged tea.

Apparently Twinings has changed its Earl Grey blend in the last few years. I’m inclined to agree, as some of the older reviews complain about the absence of bergamot notes. The bergamot is the overwhelming flavour in the new blend, whereas the black tea is quite weak. This makes for a useful to-go bagged tea, as it takes much longer for the black tea to noticeably over-steep and produce a bitter flavour— on rushed mornings I can throw together a travel mug right before stepping out the door, without having to worry about removing the bag in-transit.

The bottom line: a convenient, easy to make, but weak Earl Grey.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Can you tell I come from a family of Star Trek fans? We always had this on had growing up and I drank it every day through college. While it is no longer my favorite Earl Grey I do still keep some on hand for when I don’t feel like dragging out my tea pot or I toss some in my travel bag for when I just can’t get good tea where I’m at [most hotels serve truly appalling tea].

It’s probably the most common Earl Grey tea to see in the supermarkets and such, but man does it have an addicting flavor! It was my first venture into Earl Grey and it did not disappoint. I was sort of skeptical about British tea before (more of an Asian tea purist) but Twinings was a wonderful first time for me. Nowadays, it’s a staple part of my casual drinking habits.

I haven’t really tried a wide variety of Earl Grey so far, but compared to the ones I actually did try, this one was definitely the most flavorful.

This is one of my favorite teas to have at breakfast although the flavor could be stronger. Milk and two sugars please