Winter Spice

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cranberry

• “Short version (Steepster ate the long one) - subdued hot spice apple cider. Not a bold cup but just enough for my tastes. The cinnamon made it. It reminds me of the Durkee tins that made me sneeze...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1294 tasting notes
  • “All I'm getting is apple and what seems like a touch of hibiscus. I was really hoping for something with more kick. The apple flavor is quite good, though a touch on the artificial side. Alas,...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 386 tasting notes
  • “Not terrible I guess, just disappointing. The description sounded like apple pie in a cup, but the flavor was mostly just chamomile. Very little spice, more dull than festive :-(” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2440 tasting notes
  • “I saw this on super sale, so I bought it. I had another teaware related accident. T_T I broke the lid to my large glass teapot. I'm extremely distraught over it... From far away this tea smells...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 535 tasting notes

From Twinings

A comforting apple flavored camomile tea spiced with cinnamon, cardamon and cloves

About Twinings View company

Short version (Steepster ate the long one) – subdued hot spice apple cider. Not a bold cup but just enough for my tastes. The cinnamon made it. It reminds me of the Durkee tins that made me sneeze as a kid when I sprinkled it on toast. I didn’t sneeze today but I did smile. I will buy this tisane if I see it in town. Thanks Brett.

Azzrian

Ah bummer! I always TRY to remember to copy my own post before posting so if it gets eaten I can paste it right back in. I don’t always remember but I try to.

K S

I knew better. So shame on me.

All I’m getting is apple and what seems like a touch of hibiscus. I was really hoping for something with more kick. The apple flavor is quite good, though a touch on the artificial side. Alas, none of the “spice” in the name is actually showing in my cup.

I saw this on super sale, so I bought it. I had another teaware related accident. T_T I broke the lid to my large glass teapot. I’m extremely distraught over it…
From far away this tea smells like a local cosmetics shop; so not very appealing. But closer up it smells like warm oatmeal with apples.
This tea is okay. It is very mild and it is actually quite nice in respects of the apple flavor. Apple has been really difficult for some companies to pull off, but this one got it right. This could use some more spice to round it out a bit, but for the price this is relaxing and sweet.

I’ve actually had this one for a while, but I have been sorely neglecting my bagged tea stores for quite some time. It’s just that my loose-leaf ones are so much tastier, that I tend to gravitate toward them, understandably. Still, my boxes and boxes of tea bags are taking up space in the hubby and I’s new apartment, so I have vowed that I will focus my attention on them until I’ve at least drunk our stores down so that they will all fit on the bottom shelf of our tea shelves.

In my browsing of our 30+ boxes of tea, I came across this one. I know, I know, it is not winter, and I am not ill, but that doesn’t mean I can’t drink spiced tea or chamomile—and this one happens to be both. I have liked this tea for a long time—it being Twinings makes it hard to dislike—and am glad to have rediscovered it. :)

This was delicious! It tasted like chai with apple notes. I think chai is the ideal winter tea. It’s just so warming. I adore cinnamon. It makes me think of wool scarves and crackling fireplaces and log cabins and…

You get the idea.

Highly recommend!

Had some of this last night. Its not too bad. I wish the apple cider flavor of it was a little stronger. It was a little weak for me. But it was tasty and helped me relax. Which is normally what I grab a chamomile tea for. For a bagged tea this one was definitely not the worst.

nice calming blend… can taste the apple. A very light tea.

I just adore this tea. I first received it as a Christmas gift a few years ago and I now go out of my way to find it every fall/winter. I love the mild apple flavor, and the cinnamon finish. Yes, this tea is a mild tea, but somehow it just works.

Feel free to take this with a grain of salt, since my cold hasn’t quite cleared and this tea has been sitting in my cupboard for about a year, but this is just too weak. I remember this tea being this way when I first got it too. Apple? Spice? Very faint. Even the chamomile seems subdued. I remember trying to steep this with two bags and it didn’t really help. What flavor is there isn’t bad or anything, it’s just pretty weak. I won’t give a number rating given the various confounding factors and perhaps I just got a bad box, but I much prefer the chamomile and apple (non-seasonal) blend from Twinings.